Wage changes

Why are Promotion Wage Rises and Relegation Wage Drops forced by your board when offering a player more than a one year contract, while i have a player who was signed by the club in real life onto a four year contract without said clauses?

I'm playing FM10 by the way, but doubt it's different on 11. Seems to me like these forced clauses aren't applied to in real life? :confused:

Oh yeah, i understand why the clauses would be put in place. I was just wondering why a guy signed about a month before i arrived (i.e. signed in real life) was on a four year contract until 2013 (very long considering i'm i was in the BSN) and only has a yearly wage rise of 10% written into his contract. Surely if the club was relegated three consecutive times while he was still at the club they'd be completely screwed considering he's also on a ridiculously high wage to begin with. Now if i was to offer the same contract to the same player hypothetically speaking, the same board that sanctioned that reckless decision would suddenly be far more prudent.

aussieant32: when i try to remove the clauses, they both say "Your club has set this as a standard and therefore it cannot be negotiated".

Why would the board force a 25% wage increase into a players contract?

aussieant32: when i try to remove the clauses, they both say "Your club has set this as a standard and therefore it cannot be negotiated".

Why would the board force a 25% wage increase into a players contract?

i am not sure, i very much doubt they would hence my reply. This may be a bug in the negotiations, i could be wrong but i cannot see a board forcing a clause to pay the player more

See, i believe and have always believed that this is a fixed stipulation in negotiating that applies for all boards of all clubs regardless of circumstance. I have never come across a board that doesn't, assuming the possibility of promotion applies, force a 25% Promotion Wage Rise or a 25% Relegation Wage Drop into contracts of players which run for longer than one year. Whether i'm managing Manchester United or Leigh Genesis, both boards react the same. It seems default.

And herein lies my point that i didn't think this correlated with real life, based off players i'd inherited who's contracts were set in real life and not in-game and differed to this default stipulation.

I'd be really interested to know whether this is the same in FM11 or whether negotiating is at all different.

Archived