Blue Square Premier

Hello, first season I got Woking promoted to the Blue Square Premier. Next season I finished 18th.

Other than attempt to sign League 1/2 players on loan

AND

Getting free transfers who are either okay, or rather old for example i Signed Lee Hendrie and Francis Jeffers.

Do you recommend anything else I can do as I have no budget and not a large wage bill.

woking.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>

Any suggestions will be brilliant.

Thanks all.

It took me two years to get promoted from the BSP but now i'm on a roll and got promoted to League One at the first time of asking. I'd disagree with Smith. I manage my financies fairly well but have, once or twice, gone over my wage budget until the next transfer window and we're still clear. I make up the extra money by slotting in one or two friendlies at the end of the season to rake in some much needed wonga (play them at home and get the highest profile clubs you can, I go for big local clubs to maintain realism). My highest wage now is £2.5k p/w and while I would never have dream't of paying this much for a player in the BSP my wage budget has increased massively through promotions. So, be frugal, but one or two big money players aren't a bad thing as long as they perform.

I have found the BSP is the hardest league to be promoted from due to only two being promoted and whatever teams dropping usually having much better setups than BSP teams. However, I've got to agree with an earlier commenter. You have way too many players and they have to just be eating at your wage budget. There's no good reason to have that many, so sell a good many off and concentrate on using available wages on a good starting 8 or 9. Fill the remaining slots with quality loans. Obviously fill backup slots on the cheap, hopefully grabbing one or two players who can play multiple positions since you've only got 5 subs per match.

For a point of reference, I had 20 total players on my last BSP team. When injuries struck, I got short-term loans or, when I reached a mini-crisis at right back, I signed a very cheap free player for one year.

Maybe it's just me, but depth is not the name of the game in the BSP. In fact, there's no pressing concern for quality depth until you can afford it, which you cannot in the BSP. You have to be frugal if for no other reason than your wage budget should increase every year in the same level if you aren't spending too much, and eventually you'll be able to get promoted.

Archived