Is the morale system broken or can I simply not motivate my players?

Hello hello.

I am the Manager of Lecce in the Serie A, still playing witha pretty poor team. In my first 15 games if my second season there, I won 8 and drew 2, which is no mean feat with a team like Lecce. Confidence was running sky high until I got beaten by Fiorentina 1-0 at home. In the next 15 games that follwed, I have won only twice, and thats only because I fired up FMRTE and gave my team a morale boost! How can losing one game have such a detremental effect on my team? In FM10, if you lost a game your slump tended to only last 4 or 5 games and they werent always losses. I have looked up all sort of guides on how to boost morale with team talks, press conferences and private convos but nothing works. Nothing I say or do helps. I really dont like cheating but its gotten to the point that I am feeling cheated by the game! At least 5 teams have ended their 8,9,10 whatever losing streaks against me, home or away.

I know that alot of people moan about the game being broken and what not, but I dont want to believe it. I want to be able to say something in press conferences or something that will buck up my team and get them to play.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Has anyone got something that I can do, tactics or otherwise, that might actually get results? Any advice at all!

No, when my team has gone in a slump I have managed to motivate them out of it by using private coms. In these coms have you used 'work harder in training' this generally increases morale to superb and gets you listed as there favourite personnal section as they have a good opinion of you. That way they really want to play for you. If you hav already done that dont know what else to suggest apart from changing your players to have a more determined personality so that they want to fight for wins more

Archived