Most outrageous wage demand?

I was looking for a short term solution as a sweeper for my Feyenood save, and had a £7000 bid for a 38-year old accepted by an Argentinian THIRD DIVISION side. I wanted him for his experience and as a possible staff addition later on. I noticed he was on £30 a week, yes that's THIRTY POUNDS A WEEK.

In contract negotiations he asked for: £6,750 per week!

I thought he was taking the pish, I offered £250 initially, then upped to 350, 750 and 1000, before giving up, he was still insisting on £6750 per week. What an idiot! :rolleyes:

JorgeSanEstebanProfile_ContractOffer.png

I was looking for a short term solution as a sweeper for my Feyenoord save, and had a £7000 bid for a 38-year old accepted by an Argentinian THIRD DIVISION side. I wanted him for his experience and as a possible staff addition later on. I noticed he was on £30 a week, yes that's THIRTY POUNDS A WEEK.

I thought he was taking the pish, I offered £250 initially, then upped to 350, 750 and 1000, before giving up, he was still insisting on £6750 per week. What an idiot! :rolleyes:

JorgeSanEstebanProfile_ContractOffer.png

Actually, because of rules here in NL non-EU players need to have a wage of at least 150% of the average wage of the (first team) players of the Eredivisie.

Current minimum salary for non-EU players is at the moment I believe EUR 527k/year which comes down to some GBP 610k/year. Which would be some GBP 12k/week.

For players younger than 20 a minimum of EUR 236k/year is in place. (GBP 276k/year or GBP 5.3k/wk)

So it's not the player being an idiot, he's just adhering to Dutch rules.

Kudos for to SI for implementing the rule although the minimum salary in the game should have been a bit higher.

Actually, because of rules here in NL non-EU players need to have a wage of at least 150% of the average wage of the (first team) players of the Eredivisie.

Current minimum salary for non-EU players is at the moment I believe EUR 527k/year which comes down to some GBP 610k/year. Which would be some GBP 12k/week.

For players younger than 20 a minimum of EUR 236k/year is in place. (GBP 276k/year or GBP 5.3k/wk)

Kudos for to SI for implementing the rule although the minimum salary in the game should have been a bit higher.

Thats all well and good but what about the other leagues? I have tried to sign quite a few players (6 this season alone) that want over 10 times what they currently earn to move

i have failed in contract negotations with the agents of van persie, denilson, sagna and eboue a few minutes ago, i will not budge on my stances, there are some parts of negotiations which are off-limits like sell on fee percentages which i will simply never allow.

Would prefer the game to let the chairman handle the contract negotiations and for that matter the transfer fee as it done in real life.

Well, first the chairman rarely handles ngotiations, he simply says how much can be speant. Secondly it would take one of the major parts of the game out of it, cant see it ever happening.

Well, first the chairman rarely handles ngotiations, he simply says how much can be speant. Secondly it would take one of the major parts of the game out of it, cant see it ever happening.

But in real life the managers very rarely conduct either the transfer negotiations OR the wage negotiations. I would like an option to allow the board to do some negotiations, but I also agree that for the game to be 'fun' this needs to be left in.

I was looking for a short term solution as a sweeper for my Feyenood save, and had a £7000 bid for a 38-year old accepted by an Argentinian THIRD DIVISION side. I wanted him for his experience and as a possible staff addition later on. I noticed he was on £30 a week, yes that's THIRTY POUNDS A WEEK.

In addition to the very good answer about the minimum wage thing (which I didnt know about) would you honestly fly 1/3 of the way around the world, entirely uproot your life, at the age of 38 for that?

If he was a player in your own league then its different.

But in real life the managers very rarely conduct either the transfer negotiations OR the wage negotiations. I would like an option to allow the board to do some negotiations, but I also agree that for the game to be 'fun' this needs to be left in.

You have the option to ask the board to negotiate the transfer for you already?

You have the option to ask the board to negotiate the transfer for you already?

You do, in some circumstances, but I was thinking more along the lines of a tick box where they do all of that for you - like the ones where the assistant manager does friendlys/ team talks etc.

You do, in some circumstances, but I was thinking more along the lines of a tick box where they do all of that for you - like the ones where the assistant manager does friendlys/ team talks etc.

so what, you say to the board "I want X player" and then they go off and sign them or fail to sign them? Then what happens with your budget? What if you go over your budget and start going into debt cause they paid over the odds for the player? Then, what if you really like the look of a young kid and think he may turn out great, but the board say that they dont think he will and refuse.

Very happy this option doesnt exist.

so what, you say to the board "I want X player" and then they go off and sign them or fail to sign them? Then what happens with your budget? What if you go over your budget and start going into debt cause they paid over the odds for the player? Then, what if you really like the look of a young kid and think he may turn out great, but the board say that they dont think he will and refuse.

Very happy this option doesnt exist.

The thing is - that is exactly how it works in real life (unless you are ferguson or wenger or other managers of such high regard and experiance that they become involved more).

Just listen to managers like rednap - they say in interviews all the time about how they have given the board a list of players they are interrested in and it is up to them who they sign. Or managers talking about resigning players, they dont actually do the contract negotiations.

I thought this was fairly common knowledge really.

The thing is - that is exactly how it works in real life (unless you are ferguson or wenger or other managers of such high regard and experiance that they become involved more).

Just listen to managers like rednap - they say in interviews all the time about how they have given the board a list of players they are interrested in and it is up to them who they sign. Or managers talking about resigning players, they dont actually do the contract negotiations.

I thought this was fairly common knowledge really.

have i ever once said that it isnt how it happens, point it out if i did!

I said that negotiating transfers cant be taken out of the game

i have failed in contract negotations with the agents of van persie, denilson, sagna and eboue a few minutes ago, i will not budge on my stances, there are some parts of negotiations which are off-limits like sell on fee percentages which i will simply never allow.

I'm the same as you about those clauses so I just remove them and increase the players and agents signing fee until they accept. I outright REFUSE these clauses and would rather sign someone else if backed into a corner.

Not experienced any weird demands on 11 yet, but on FM10 there were a couple of youth players that didn't have a club, so I was going to offer them a contract to fill up my youth squad a bit. Scout reports revealed them to be pretty average, but for some reason they asked for up to £90k a week each. Not sure if that was a common thing or just some really demanding youths...

have i ever once said that it isnt how it happens, point it out if i did!

I said that negotiating transfers cant be taken out of the game

Oh good.

But I don't see why not. Some people are really interested in the tactics and the games, others in team building, I think it would be good as an option, but not as the standard.

I don't think the OP situation is that ridiculous. I don't tend to look at what a player is currently earning when I'm trying to sign them. They'll base their wage demands on my club's reputation, stature and wage structure, and that's the way it should be. Why would anyone move across continents to play for a well-known club and not ask for wages around the level of his fellow players at that club?

It's like if I started a new job at a company that pays its employees 50% more than my current employers. I'd expect similar levels of pay, regardless of my current salary. Just by trying to sign him you've made it known you think he's a good enough player for your team, so he'll want his pay to reflect that.

It's like if I started a new job at a company that pays its employees 50% more than my current employers. I'd expect similar levels of pay, regardless of my current salary. Just by trying to sign him you've made it known you think he's a good enough player for your team, so he'll want his pay to reflect that.

You might be asking for the same, but you would also gladly accept a 500% wage increase even if it put you far from the other employees. This is not reflected in the game. Players will turn down insane wage increases to stay with their current low wage, just because they think they are deserving of unreal wages.

A little tip for contract negotiations. Offer players a high 'Team Of the Year Bonus' you can usually get players to accept a much lower wage, quite often up to about half what they originally wanted. The player 9 times out of 10 doesnt make player of the year, and if he does wel then he desrves his reward.

Its the same with the other bonuses and clauses. It appears that there is a 'top line' cut off point, so as long as you offer something within this figure he will accept lower wage demands.

Also the one thing I dont like is not being able to offer wages to higher reputation players. On the older games it might have been that the player didnt want to join, but he could be persuaded with a massive wage or at least you could try and persuade him. It's a shame we cant do this anymore.

In addition to the very good answer about the minimum wage thing (which I didnt know about) would you honestly fly 1/3 of the way around the world, entirely uproot your life, at the age of 38 for that?

If he was a player in your own league then its different.

Well, as I posted when dealing with another save, I like to sign aged players for their last year of playing with a view to appointing them to the staff later on. Because of the style of football I like, I tend to sign a lot of South American players to come over to Europe, but it's hugely difficult to get South American staff to come and work with you in Europe, whether it be as assistant, first team coach, whatever, so I want to be able to promote from within as I go.

I would have liked the option of saying 'yeah, it's a one year playing contract but I'd also like you to do some coaching for me with an option to join the staff next year, and maybe eventually become first team coach. Then I can offer you a salary of such and such. '

I think the shock for me was that I knew this player from a Gimnasia de La Plata game I played on FM 08, I think, and he was my most loyal and trusted senior pro, and never expected anything like the money he was asking for here. But then, in the true spirit of the game, I'm actually playing as an entirely different manager (a ficticious Argentinian called Berrezzi), so I wouldn't actually know about what he was like for the manager of Gimnasia La Plata three years ago, and I shouldn't have been so shocked. :eek:

And kudos for that brilliantly informative answer, I shall watch out for that as I've not played much with Holland before.

Many thanks. :cool:

I had a marginally talented winger that I signed in the summer for 17.5k/wk play for me for 6 months before he scored his 1st goal. He finally scored, got Man of the Match and immediately after the game ask for a contract renegotiation for 75k/wk. Neymar only makes 40k/wk for me so...

no.

A 20 year old Brazilian wonderkid requested 400k a week with appearance fee of 40k and sign on/agent fee both 10m. Wonderkid and all that but still. Highest contract demand I've ever seen. He was being paid 20k at Santos...

Needless to say I told the bugger to shove it where he liked it.. :)

Archived