Clubs that make a profit?

I heard somewhere that Arsenal where one of the most profitilbe clubs in the world.

I was just wodering if this is apprant in Fm11?

And also what is the most profitable club in the game becuase im sick of loss millions every month

You will find that most clubs do not make much of a profit. Im assuming by "im sick of loss millions every month " you want to be a big club?

I Dont really mind what club i am .. As long as there make a decent profit every month ...

alot of it is up to the manger. You will find that the biggest cost is player wages. Try letting some high earners go if they are not worth the money they are paid or negotiate a lower wage. Any club can make a profit but even if you get a club that is currently making one, 1 or 2 signings could put you back in the red

I've made a profit 22 out of 24 months in Serie C. This is due to aggressive reducing wages.

as have I, i am managing in Finland and pretty much released my first team squad cause they were way over the wage budget, rebuilt the squad from scratch and now turn a profit every month. Its a long haul but there are not many other ways.

Pre season tours bring in top money, i tour spain twice every off season and that brings close to 400k in revenue.

i started unemloyed no experience *was bottom of the league* so forced to re-build a sqaud

Woking, and now do not need to rely on things like player sales no more, even though im a Blue Sqaure South team. how you ask, because pre-season i play a friendly every day, against a top team, and by playing my starting 11 one game. my second sqaud (everyone not in the first 11) then my reserves and youth play a game straight after each other. so when it comes back to my starting 11's turn to play. their all fresh. by start of the season i would have a bank balance of around £400,000

and over the course of the season i would lose around £150,000 so im left with £250,000 start of the next season, i repeat it. and then being able to sign some better younger players on cheaper wages. ive now built a promotion leading team, with a bank balance of around £1m. season 5 i think and my interest is coming in just more than my wages.

You will find that most clubs do not make much of a profit. Im assuming by "im sick of loss millions every month " you want to be a big club?

I was reading the Times a few weeks ago and they said that Bayern Munich are also one of the most profitable because their only debt is the stadium which they will have paid off in another 2-3 seasons, their profit margins are huge apparently not bad for a club that only charges £6 for some tickets in certain areas of the stadium. I also believe the Bundesliga is one of the richest leagues in the world I think this is due to their clubs being run so well

Every club has the potential to make profit, just depends on how well you can manage them.

Also you should ignore month-to-month finances and look for an annual profit, as income and expenditure are spread equally over the year, you will get peaks and troughs.

Bradford are surprisingly profitable in my experience, in 5 seasons I got them to the premiership, whilst purchasing players and bringing in players on higher wages but still taking the clubs balance up to £11m by the end of the year we got promoted. Getting the right deals on wages helps a lot, the size of the ground is a big influence too, Bradford have a ground with a decent capacity which meant the rise through the leagues could accomodate more fans and that would allow the club to make more money.

Bradford are surprisingly profitable in my experience, in 5 seasons I got them to the premiership, whilst purchasing players and bringing in players on higher wages but still taking the clubs balance up to £11m by the end of the year we got promoted. Getting the right deals on wages helps a lot, the size of the ground is a big influence too, Bradford have a ground with a decent capacity which meant the rise through the leagues could accomodate more fans and that would allow the club to make more money.

I've done this also, with Oldham, took them to the Prem from L2 in 5 seasons. I spent a total of £25k on getting them to the prem and only £2m on players once i was there. The Wage bill was £95k a week, my highest earner was on £8k a week. With the £40m you get in TV money and £10m odd for finishing in the top 10, I was making money hand over fist. It will change when i start spending more money and higher wages. Especially with only 12,000 capacity!

Archived