The Curious Case of the Annoyed Player

I have noticed in a new game im playing that my star player constantly has poor morale.

The problem is he is happy. I am his fav personel, he likes the way i talk to the team, he is happy with his contract and he is happy with his training. So what is his problem?

In a previous game, i noticed i has the same problem with Messi. He loved me the club all of the above but his morale was constantly poor.

Am i missing something?

Yes he performs well, he likes team talks, likes the way i talk to the press.

At first i thought it might be a personality problem but it says he is professional.

I had the same problem when i managed Barca with Messi. I just find it intresting that both are the star players of their club.

I have looked through everything in his game file and he is happy in every way, its just his morale stays low.

He is a vice captian, and he was happy with this. His morale does not affect the team because he is not unhappy, his morale is just low.

I cant sell him as he is a team icon and i am playing as a very very small team in the spanish 2nd div on the verge of going up and joining Real and Barca and we only have a 3000 seater stadium so i rely on free transfers.

Maybe his GF dumped him. I don't see any good reason to his low morale.

Neither do i, it annoys me about this game, there is no natural explination (unless its a bug). Im just annoyed its always a major player and not some back up guy i can just sell.

I had a player who whose morale was very poor. But he was happy with everything. At the start of the match I just said "no pressure" and by half time he was out of the red and into orange. So I said no pressure again and no he's happy again.

Sometimes big players can just feel under pressure to perform. Or that their current form isn't up to scratch etc. Just coddle him and praise them when they play really well and take some pressure off them.

phnompenhandy, your on to a winner there and your correct. Now i need to try and do a few things to level him.

Should i say no pressure as above or expect a performance.

Is a BS peice of coding through because he is totally professional and this should not bother him.

phnompenhandy, your on to a winner there and your correct. Now i need to try and do a few things to level him.

Should i say no pressure as above or expect a performance.

Is a BS peice of coding through because he is totally professional and this should not bother him.

It is BS coding. There is a BS way around it that sometimes works. After the news item has sent his morale crashing, go to player interaction/performance. Tell him you're going to rest him for the next game. He should be happy and increase his morale. Don't rest him - play him - he won't notice the difference. It's a mental exploit but it does counter the mental coding.

It is BS coding. There is a BS way around it that sometimes works. After the news item has sent his morale crashing, go to player interaction/performance. Tell him you're going to rest him for the next game. He should be happy and increase his morale. Don't rest him - play him - he won't notice the difference. It's a mental exploit but it does counter the mental coding.

It doesn't work all the time...

Actually my player was ****ed off I told him I was going to rest him, and I couldn't even patch things up with him by saying I was sorry...

Morale issues are a total mess this year and whatever workaround we might try is still going to cause more side-effects.

It doesn't work all the time...

Actually my player was ****ed off I told him I was going to rest him, and I couldn't even patch things up with him by saying I was sorry...

Morale issues are a total mess this year and whatever workaround we might try is still going to cause more side-effects.

Yes, it does not work all the time. If the player do not have jadedness, he wouldn't be happy that you are going to rest him. You can't really tell how much jadedness unless you use third party tools. But a player severely lacking in match fitness is not a good player to use the rest player morale booster.

Archived