Hello again! My issues with fm 2011.

Hello!

I have been of the forums for a while, as i have had other commitments such as exams, family and football manager over xmas :p

Just to let you know, i am Reading FC, currently 30 games into my 4th season with the club (March 2014), sitting 5th in the English Premiership.

However, i am back with my first few problems with FM2011. (1st patch, as i cba to restart my career, please correct me if any of the following have been patched)

1. When in matches the "Instructions" tab including the shouts and tactics sometimes sticks. It did this on FM2010, but they patched it, and now its back?!

2. Injuries, not sure if its just my luck, but i had 11 injuries in the first 15 games of a season, rangeing from 2-3 days to 3-4months.

3. Loans, for some reason, for this entire season i wasnt allowed to loan in players at any point in the season. (4th season in) and considering all the injuries i had, it was a trouble.

4. Private chats. I want the option to say thank you to a player! (e.g. i sold shane long after 6 years service to the club the other day, and he just left, he was a major part of my promotion/premiership campaign, and i couldnt even say thankyou or comment on our friendship or anything like that?!

5. For everyone moaning about missing clear cut chances! I had a spell where i just couldnt score, about 10/15 games it lasted, but now im scoring all the time, so not a bug, things just need tweaking. (not a problem, just thought id give you my views on that haha)

6. During my 3rd season (2nd season in prem) i had a rubbish season, being around the bottom of the table for the whole season to finish 14th overall. We had been as low as 18th with strings of poor games and losses, however there was never any speculation around my job? I mean other managers get speculation over a sacking when there mid table and managing blackpool in the premiership?! but me, nada. This could be because every other season i have done wonders for the club though? :p

Please respond with your thoughts on these issues :)

I would strongly recommend always using the latest patch, especially if you are experiencing problems.

1 - this has been fixed.

2 - I'd put this down to luck since injuries can be fairly random.

3 - this sounds really odd, maybe worth a mention in the bugs forum if the patch doesn't fix it.

4 - that would be a nice addition to the game.

5 - I haven't experiences problems either.

6 - the board will take your history into account, so your promotion should give you a bit more time to turn things around (if you were actually underachieving).

Regarding point 2 I find that if you have a couple of good fitness coaches (at least 16 rated) and put your players on intensive fitness training during the pre-season period you should suffer less from lots of injuries at the start of the season.

Archived