Opposition tactics

Does anyone else find that no matter who they are playing, the pre-match preview always says that the opposition will play a 4-4-2 formation, and look to dominate the game in midfield? Does this happen because the opposition feel that this is the best way to counter my diamond formation, or is it just the game being a tad unimaginative? Would be nice to see an opponent line up with a 4-5-1 or something, as it'd perhaps make me think a bit more about my own tactics

• SI Staff
Does anyone else find that no matter who they are playing, the pre-match preview always says that the opposition will play a 4-4-2 formation, and look to dominate the game in midfield? Does this happen because the opposition feel that this is the best way to counter my diamond formation, or is it just the game being a tad unimaginative? Would be nice to see an opponent line up with a 4-5-1 or something, as it'd perhaps make me think a bit more about my own tactics

Which league are you playing in (and with which club) - I'll take a look just in case there isn't enough flexibility/variety in the reports as much as anything.

Which league are you playing in (and with which club) - I'll take a look just in case there isn't enough flexibility/variety in the reports as much as anything.

Hi - am playing as Hibernian in the SPL, am up to November and so far I'm pretty sure every opponent (inc those in Europa League) have lined up in the same formation/mentality (according to the pre-match preview)

I've just done a quick check of this as Hibernian and although a lot of opponents have been said to use 4-4-2, I have seen Hamilton (4-5-1), Motherwell (3-5-2) and Aberdeen (4-3-3) use different formations. I've also seen different styles mentioned, such as counter attack, balanced and attacking.

I have seen each opponent in Europe using 4-4-2 though and although it is the most used formation it shouldn't be the only one.

Out of interest, which formation do you use?

I've just done a quick check of this as Hibernian and although a lot of opponents have been said to use 4-4-2, I have seen Hamilton (4-5-1), Motherwell (3-5-2) and Aberdeen (4-3-3) use different formations. I've also seen different styles mentioned, such as counter attack, balanced and attacking.

I have seen each opponent in Europe using 4-4-2 though and although it is the most used formation it shouldn't be the only one.

Out of interest, which formation do you use?

Am playing diamond formation, with attacking mentality

Archived