Players not 'understanding' how things happened

Just a quick one. I am playing in Finalnd as FC Santa Claus. I managed to sign a good regen who is now getting some attention from overseas. I am happy to sell as I am not in the position yet to be able to hold on to players like this, the aim is to make some money off them.

Now, he is valued at 50k, He had 1 year left and wouldnt re-sign so I offered him out. I had 5 offers , 4 offered 150k and one offered 75. I accepted the 4 for 150k but negotiated the other to 150k and they pulled out. He then calls a meeting with me saying that he is very unhappy that I rejected the offer.

Now I know essentially I did cause I said 'No, 75k isnt enough, I want 150k" but I didnt just regect, i negotiated? Surely I should be able to say that the offer wasnt enough, I wanted them to match the offer the other 3 made?

He is now unhappy but is moving on and I made a good profit, just didnt make alot of sense to me.

i agree i had a similar problem with a goalkeeper not long ago. My team has the money to hold onto these players but not the reputation as of yet so therefore he went on a free when the other team pulled out he rejected the other team and he wouldnt sign a new contract.

Archived