Will fan confidence ever be sorted out?

I'm Crawley Town and managed to get to the fourth round of the FA Cup. I've drawn Sheff Utd away at Bramall Lane. I end up losing 2-1. The fans are disappointed with the result, despite a good performance against a team three divisions higher away from home.

It's extremely frustrating. How come this hasn't been rectified in patches?

Well, best not to read into it too literally, of course they'd be dissapointed to come close but not quite get it, but overall happy to have put up a good performance. Just add a personal "but" on the end and it's all happy and good.

Yes, very frustrating. I always wish I could change these things to say something like

'The fans are disappointed about going out of the cup, but our proud of the teams performance against such higher league opposition. And they are still ecstatic about the team getting to the 4th round of the Fa Cup'.

But congrats for getting them into the 4th round anyway, great achievement!

I'm Crawley Town and managed to get to the fourth round of the FA Cup. I've drawn Sheff Utd away at Bramall Lane. I end up losing 2-1. The fans are disappointed with the result, despite a good performance against a team three divisions higher away from home.

It's extremely frustrating. How come this hasn't been rectified in patches?

Why would they be actively pleased to have lost in a knockout competition?

I bet your fan confidence is no lower than 45%, so they are at most 5% disappointed- because they would rather have won.

That's perfectly realistic, and not something that needs to be fixed. If your message said that they were "devastated" you'd have cause for complaint.

You did well to get to the 4th Rd of the FA Cup

But there's a seperate confidence bar that rewards that! Competition progress gets measured on the competitions confidence bars, and match-by-match progress gets measured on the fan confidence bars.

A narrow loss (45 - 49% confidence) won't put much of a damper on fan confidence if you're in the midst of some good form, and it won't really move you any closer to the sack if you're in the midst of bad form. So what's the problem?

All the fans are saying is "The boys have clearly put in a decent effort, and stayed competitive, but in the end they just weren't able to produce a result - what a shame." That's mild disappointment. That's realistic.

Archived