Training Schedules Poll - what do you do?

What is your approach to creating trainig schedules?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What is your approach to creating trainig schedules?

• I work really hard at my schedules and even design some for individual players!
    • I design schedules based on player roles
    • I design schedules for each position in my side
    • I design schedules to improve certain areas of a player's game (e.g. fitness or technique training)
    • I download some training schedules from another user
    • I don't bother - I just use the default schedules
    • I don't think the training actually works, so I leave it alone
    • I don't care about training at all
    • Training schedules? What training schedules?
    • Other - please state

I've started a discussion on training schedules in the tactics and training part of the forum here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/251498-Training-Schedules-A-simpler-way?p=6412621#post6412621

This is really related to that discussion. I'm curious to see how other FMers approach this part of the game.

Please select the option in the poll that most closely resembles your approach to creating training schedules. I'd also be interested to hear how much success (or not!) you get out of your approach, so please feedback in this thread too!

Personally, I create schedules to train by position.

I have the following schedules:

Defenders

Fullbacks

DM/MCs defensive

DM/MCs creative

Wide mids/Wingers

Attack mids/Treq

Forwards

I also have a pre-season schedule, which focuses on physical training with a heavy workload.

My schedules are fairly simple and quite general/broad. I tend to train default levels of strength and aerobic, and then vary the others slightly depending on positional requirements to medium, high and sometimes light.

To be honest, I've always used something like that and never really delved into training any further. I've not really worked on that area of the game very much to see how it can be improved and what the feedback in the game actually is, probably due to a lack of interest in it really.

When the current training system was first introduced (FM06/07?) I spent a decent amount of time designing position specific schedules that worked on the attributes that complimented my tactics, I've been using these schedules ever since. They are probably not really that effective, but just like my tactics, they are my own and were created without any help at all.

2, 3 and 4 for me. I design training schedule for every position and try to shape players towards my needs for those positions. I also have schedule for Natural Fitness as I like all of my players to have at least 11 for Natural Fitness.

Training has always been a pain in the ass for me, moreso with the infamous "uneven categories" that needed a lot of boring clicking in order to get a balanced schedule... Therefore I used to download schedules made by skilled and dedicated FMers.

However on the wake of FM2011's revised categories (and better default schedules) I've decided to give it a shot myself. Thus far my position-based schedules have worked fine. Surely not as well-done as those I downloaded and will download, but fine nonetheless.

P.S. What category/ies can a player still train in while injured?

P.P.S. Won't a Fitness oriented pre-season lead to a drop in every other category?

I design schedules based on player roles (in particular, target man)

I design schedules for each position in my side

I design schedules to improve certain areas of a player's game

I design pre-season and end of season training schedules (not sure what this falls under)

Training has always been a pain in the ass for me, moreso with the infamous "uneven categories" that needed a lot of boring clicking in order to get a balanced schedule... Therefore I used to download schedules made by skilled and dedicated FMers.

Who, in particular? I'm just curious to see as I've never downloaded a training schedule before. I prefer to make my own, although I might have a look to see what I can learn from others.

P.S. What category/ies can a player still train in while injured?

I don't think he trains at all, does he?

P.P.S. Won't a Fitness oriented pre-season lead to a drop in every other category?

I don't think it works exactly like that.

As far as I understand it, during the summer whilst players are on holiday, their fitness can drop anyway, so perhaps you are just recovering their lost attributes in that sense. Like real life when players come back with a few extra pounds of weight and need to get a good pre-season behind them to recover their fitness.

I don't bother. Just use the default training schedules and assign players to the one I want them to train in. Also sign the best coaches I can get.

Players seem to develop quite well this way and I never have trouble in pre season either. The players are fit and injuries are quite rare.

I just download whatever's in fashion - i.e. Tug's, for example. Sometimes I modify it, sometimes I don't bother. I did make one training schedule that had no physical training, though, just to see how imbalanced I could make a player (with hilarious results).

Pre-season training fits under 'I design schedules to improve certain areas of a player's game (e.g. fitness or technique training)'.

What end of season training do you have? I'm curious to know.

End of season is kind of similar to pre-season. Quite a bit of aerobic training, some strength (but significantly less than pre-season), and a spread of the other training categories (in particular ball control and tactics as these are areas that I feel benefit all players). The overall workload is lower than other regimes so as not to cause unnecessary injuries. The idea being to keep players fit before the break so that physical attributes don't drop too sharply over the holiday and they come back in slightly better shape. Whether it helps is up for debate :)

The general flow is:

• Pre-season (primarily fitness, some ball control and tactics, spread of others, low-ish shooting) for everyone in the team when they come back (i.e. including keepers)
  • A couple of weeks later, all outfield players go on "general training" (which is my own training regime, not the default). This focusses on a nice spread of categories that again are useful for the whole team (i.e. less attacking/defending than ball control/tactics; pretty low shooting) and the goalkeepers go on goalkeeper training (again not the default), where they pretty much stay.
  • Around the start of the season, outfield players get assigned to position-specific regimes. However, players might get assigned to the regime for a position they don't play (e.g. assigning a defensive midfielder to defensive training, or a full back to wingers training), depending on which attributes they need to improve. There's also specific regimes aimed at improving ball control & tactics, sometimes one for "oldies but goldies" (i.e. players coming to the end of their careers). A select few roles (target man being my favourite) get their own regime. Big strong target men need to train other attributes than "normal" attackers.
  • I will switch a few players between training regimes every now during the season and then, but not very often. This generally benefits younger players who might have improved one area of their game and now need to focus on something else.
  • Some time after the last game, I'll switch to the season warm down.

End of season is kind of similar to pre-season. Quite a bit of aerobic training, some strength (but significantly less than pre-season), and a spread of the other training categories (in particular ball control and tactics as these are areas that I feel benefit all players). The overall workload is lower than other regimes so as not to cause unnecessary injuries. The idea being to keep players fit before the break so that physical attributes don't drop too sharply over the holiday and they come back in slightly better shape. Whether it helps is up for debate :)

The general flow is:

• Pre-season (primarily fitness, some ball control and tactics, spread of others, low-ish shooting) for everyone in the team when they come back (i.e. including keepers)
  • A couple of weeks later, all outfield players go on "general training" (which is my own training regime, not the default). This focusses on a nice spread of categories that again are useful for the whole team (i.e. less attacking/defending than ball control/tactics; pretty low shooting) and the goalkeepers go on goalkeeper training (again not the default), where they pretty much stay.
  • Around the start of the season, outfield players get assigned to position-specific regimes. However, players might get assigned to the regime for a position they don't play (e.g. assigning a defensive midfielder to defensive training, or a full back to wingers training), depending on which attributes they need to improve. There's also specific regimes aimed at improving ball control & tactics, sometimes one for "oldies but goldies" (i.e. players coming to the end of their careers). A select few roles (target man being my favourite) get their own regime. Big strong target men need to train other attributes than "normal" attackers.
  • I will switch a few players between training regimes every now during the season and then, but not very often. This generally benefits younger players who might have improved one area of their game and now need to focus on something else.
  • Some time after the last game, I'll switch to the season warm down.

Very interesting! :thup:

I make training schedules for each position, then copy+fine tune them for key players/prospects to get the most out of them. I use the new individual training focus if there's just the one area that needs special attention.

I create training schedules for every single role that the tactic creator allow us to use(so I have separate schedules for Sweeper keeper, Goalkeeper, Limited defender, Ball-playing defender, Central defender, Wing back, Full back etc) and if there is a need - a schedules, designed specifically for one player. So I chose the first option.

Wow some of you really seem to spend a lot of time on training. Do you find that it has a big impact or is it just finetuning player attributes slightly? I ask because I use the default schedules and have no trouble at all developing players, keeping them fit and keeping them injury free.

I have a combination of the first and third. I have ~10 set schedules for different positions/roles including a strength and aerobic only for preseason and injury recovery. For younger players, I create special schedules if they need one different from the set schedules.

For the first time, this year I decided to create my own schedules. I was managing a low facilities team though, so my results were inconclusive. I'd like to test them again but I'm gonna read some more about this first to tweak them.

ATM I use Raver's schedules (they're somewhere in the Tactics & Training section) and they're very good, and there aren't specific schedules for every little aspect like Trequartista, Ball Playing Defender, etc, which I think it's unnecessary.

I believe that the default schedules aren't there just to make place. If you're managing a low reputation team, with low training facilities, these schedules fit your needs more than enough. They're very simple and focus 90% on the basic attributes of the position, but with low facilities and low CA/PA players you wouldn't see much improvement even with the best schedules ever.

As far as I can tell the training doesnt have too much of an effect on the players actually gaining attributes, it just helps to 'shape' where the points are allocated. This was like a light switch in my head and made things so much easier.

I have 3 sets of training schedules that target deficiencies in players attributes for a specific role.

u18 - Physical / Technical / Mental

u23 - Physical / Technical

1st Team - Balanced Schedule

So the players under the age of 23 are moved to schedules to boost attributes that are missing. For example I have a fast striker with high Physical stats, he will be trained with high technical training and quite low physical training. Again the opposite a really gifted player with good technical stats get the heavier physical training.

Once they get to 23+ they are put on a balanced schedule that keeps them at their current level. And these are based on their positions within the team.

The u18s have a specific training schedule for those with low mental stats, they are givien a schedule with high Tactical training. I dont have this as a specific training schedule for the u23 schedule as everyone, whether they are training in Physical or Technical get high Tactical training.

The only thing i struggle with is the workrate and balance of the schedules. Ie how many clicks are needed for specific results, this is just a matter of trial and error in my experiance and continuing checkng of the players stats.

Also some one needs to figure out and release a Training Numbered Sliders mod asap!!!!! Or SI should include it for FM12

I have downloaded trainign schedules and found that the injuries increase when I use them.

I used "Tugs" training schedule before but in FM 11 I tried SFrasers schedule. His theory is somthing like, train Tactics intensely and the player becomes a better player, making better decisions and choices on the field and therefore the tech stats will improve by themselves, or somthing like that anyway.

Ive found some players responded very very well to this schedule, but the injuries just kept piling up.

Ive now gone back to designing my own schedules, tailored to my teams tactics, players needs and at the same time, trying to avoid injuries.

Ive since seen injuries in training fall by about a 1/3rd.

So to those who have pre-season training, how far do you push the physical workload (strength and aerobic)?

I'm experimenting with my pre-season training schedule and wondering how far I can safely push it without having a plethora of pre-season injuries to deal with! :rolleyes:

Any advice?

I dunno why anyone bothers with pre season training tbh.

I get plenty of friendlies, at least one a week and I never have a problem. Come the seasons start, most of my first choice players are match fit.

I arrange my own freindlies but let my assistant take control of them, they usually have a better grasp on player condition throughout the squad.

At the moment I design 4 schedules.

Pre-season / Injury - High fitness based for pre-season and players recovering from long term injuries.

My main 3 schedules are based on age regardless of position (except GK of course). '17-23 yr olds' , '24-29 yr olds' and '30+'.

The theory behind it is:

'17-23' are in the development stage so it is very high technically and much less so physically.

'24-29' is about maintaining those technical skills while increasing their aerobic and strength training to turn them into athletes ;). Medium fitness and technical across the board.

'30+' Accepting attributes will start to decline naturally so designed to get the most out of them physically. High fitness, much lesser technically. Not too dis-similar to 'pre-season' but not as low technically.

At the moment I design 4 schedules.

Pre-season / Injury - High fitness based for pre-season and players recovering from long term injuries.

My main 3 schedules are based on age regardless of position (except GK of course). '17-23 yr olds' , '24-29 yr olds' and '30+'.

The theory behind it is:

'17-23' are in the development stage so it is very high technically and much less so physically.

'24-29' is about maintaining those technical skills while increasing their aerobic and strength training to turn them into athletes ;). Medium fitness and technical across the board.

'30+' Accepting attributes will start to decline naturally so designed to get the most out of them physically. High fitness, much lesser technically. Not too dis-similar to 'pre-season' but not as low technically.

I think you're making mistake. Technical and psyhical attributes are best trained until the age of 24. When player turn 24 they will have minimum chance of progressing technically and psyhicaly, but will start to improve mentally as they gain experience. So, IMO you should concentrate more on techincal and psyhical attribuet early on rather then trying to turn them into athletes when they are over 24.

I think you're making mistake. Technical and psyhical attributes are best trained until the age of 24. When player turn 24 they will have minimum chance of progressing technically and psyhicaly, but will start to improve mentally as they gain experience. So, IMO you should concentrate more on techincal and psyhical attribuet early on rather then trying to turn them into athletes when they are over 24.

In my experience of FM tinkering with different training methods I have found this system to be best when developing young players. My 'athletes' comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I find technical training needs to be very high with young players. Thats not to say ignoring fitness work all together. But I keep that at just under medium for '17-23'.

An example from FM10 is when I had Sergio Canales from a young age in 2 different saves. The first while using a basic training module he developed no further than a good player by 25. Using the above training module in another save he became the best AMC in the game.

I appreciate your feedback and understand your point of view but I must admit I have found this way the most succesful to date.

Starting to think the same myself actually.

Using my pre-season schedule at the moment and I've already had two injuries in training due to too much strength and aerobic training. :mad::rolleyes:

It's really simple. Each player have a physiological singular capacity. If you make something too strong, even it's physical or technical, never mind, it's too much.

The same like you in real, if you making some sport.

The physical workshop cost more higher than the technical 3 x 1. The limit becomes quickly obtain. And over, win a ticket for the infarmery.

Pre season is just a couple of match pratice, time of playing in match to get the form player, ready to play. At this point, the training activity become active !

Non before, except for a small part of Strengh and absolutely not for the aerobic

If you made a pre season follow intensiv physical activities. What 's happen ?

Suddenly when the player get the match exercice, he got this full physical intensities in his ass ... His capacity to receive it without injury, it's having a good physiologicals attributs

Later, where his the benefits of his intensiv program ?

The fact his, more your player have physiological capacities more he get some general volum to practise the whole training in best level. So we can think than beguinning by physical training its an investissement for the futur. It's right but with limited roof anyway for each season.

The second reason here, it's that you can't forget the rest. Because, you loosing times to recorvery the level than you loose on them, to maintain something in one direction, with blind attention to the others qualities.

Finaly, the most interesting evidence, is you kill in advance your jadness !

Each player have a particular volum to dispend on each complete season. Using too long your costing workshop, like Fitness, you got a penalities on the longer with tied players without positiv performances.

Marc Vaughan had totaly explain the system of training in his guide Hints and Tips 2007. It's really simple. Just need to have a 2 months period of linear observation, and read the graphical, to apply the regime on each worshop for each player, like the graphic show.

At least just manage the general volum ,or by specific worshop reduction ( reading the activities arrows for help and choose ), to recorvery full condition before each match.

Advantage live in permanent best performances in match always. Best progress rating "at time", by adjust the right general volum could be dispend on each worshop for each player. More than he need, it's than he can. On each specific instant of the season and on his career.

If you are interest full explanation in details is here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243816-Training-Masterclass-Individual-tailored-schedules-(Moved-Posts)

The most usual error of the training pre set, its don't observ the possibilities of each players, and the offer of their coachs and clubs structures. And all deceptions provide by the expecting couldn't be realize. But it's normal.

We can't modelling our player, their potential are pre formated by the game system, we can just follow theirs needs at the right moment, and full empty space's possibilities. Not less, but no more.

I'm sorry Teutomatos but I just don't really get the 'linear observation' theory. It seems just as misleading to me as the 'clicking theory' (so many clicks maintain, so many clicks increase attributes etc.) or SFraser's theory of clicking for each attribute within a training section (although some people have explained this to me as just a method of organisation rather than an actual theory - I still don't get it though!)

Marc Vaughan had totaly explain the system of training in his guide Hints and Tips 2007. It's really simple. Just need to have a 2 months period of linear observation, and read the graphical, to apply the regime on each worshop for each player, like the graphic show.

At least just manage the general volum ,or by specific worshop reduction ( reading the activities arrows for help and choose ), to recorvery full condition before each match.

Advantage live in permanent best performances in match always. Best progress rating "at time", by adjust the right general volum could be dispend on each worshop for each player. More than he need, it's than he can. On each specific instant of the season and on his career..

I've read Mark Vaughan's guide and I don't see how he said anything about 'linear observation'. In fact, it seems to me that he said exactly the opposite.

Training in FM 2007 is far quite simple to use – push the sliders on a schedule around to ensure that it concentrates upon the areas which you feel are more important for the players who are upon it.

He then goes on to suggest another way that we can organise our training schedules:

Divide your players into schedules based on areas of their game that they are lacking on. You may decide to have 3 or 4 basic schedules focusing on improving fitness, ball control, etc.

Nowhere does he say, 'take two months to observe your training and then adjust the training graphs to match with your training schedule'. Or, at least, I can't see it, anyway. ;)

One of the most important things he does say is that:

It should be noted that training ‘shapes’ a player over time...

Which seems pretty obvious but also seems worth stating because it rather contradicts the idea of 'linear observation', doesn't it?

Like anything in FM, I feel that simplicity is normally the best way forward, and over-complicating things doesn't normally help.

This is all just my opinion though. If you feel I am missing the point, please do explain why. :)

Hope not be to rough, my limited English don't offer me the subtil words to have a correct exchange, and friendly joke. It's not an excuse but it's a fact.

Read better, read well. Free your mind and search the relationshhip beetween things. You know the good old chinese proverb, the master show the moon, the disciple looking at the finger.

I conceed his terms have an embarassement style to preserv the limited perception of kids or lazy people ... But read well.

Sfraser discover only than each workshop have different weight for differents position, like Defense cost more for a Forward, and the invers. It's nice, and convenable for understanding variation beetween parts. And if you have follow his last mind, last year, he had finish to understand himself that pré season training is ********.

And it's seems you too ? And you searching and call about solutions indeed ?

The calibration is the consequence about the Vaughan words if you have some logical apply about this pinciple. Effectivly don't seach about that précisely in his talking, word for word. It's a kind of universal rule which reign all over you, in everything.

Marc Vaughan Hints and Tips 2007 Training paragraph text explanation

Training

Basic Overview

Training in FM 2007 is far quite simple to use – push the sliders on a schedule around to ensure that it concentrates upon the areas which you feel are more important for the players who are upon it.

Notice "Basic", and he don't said make a "blind" training

The initial default schedule which outfield players start upon is aimed at being a balanced schedule which will generally maintain all attributes - you can increase the workload of this schedule, but you will tire the players out more and increase the chances of them getting more training injuries.

Necessary to insist about tied and injury and the increase idea or it's ok ? Think about "maintain" ...

Divide your players into schedules based on areas of their game that they are lacking on. You may decide to have 3 or 4 basic schedules focusing on improving fitness, ball control, etc. Alternatively you could create a custom schedule for each player as no two players are alike and each may require individual training.

He's talking about "lacking" not about positionnal. And the last thing said everything "individual training"

Understanding the graphs

The new training overview screen (accessed by clicking on a player and then selecting the option from the left-hand panel) is a godsend for those who have feared tinkering with their regimes in the past, though few people understand the proper meaning of the Training Levels graph. It's actually dead simple...

A friendly mockery ... Guess what about it could be. What rules all around the forums, and until today ? ... All it said ?

The graphs represent the current training levels of the player, not the training improvement. If a bar is at the highest point, it means that he has reached his maximum limit in that category. If the bar is at the lowest point, it means that he cannot get any worse from training.

"graphs represent the current training levels" ....and ... "reached his maximum limit in that category" supérior limit

"If the bar is at the lowest point, it means that he cannot get any worse" inferior limit but an ambivalent expression.

An exemple, if at least you become convince and try. If a player had a small attributs values and potential in an attributs contain in a workshop, you can easily observ than the graph for this workshop is smaller than the others.

The needs and posibilities are simply inférior.

Between the highest and lowest limits, there is a range of 4-6 ability points depending on which player you are looking at. Players with high professionalism and work rate will keep themselves in shape more than other players so will have a lower range of possible attribute values.

"The range depending on which player" .... "Professionalism and work rate". A graph of same height in comparison have a different price according to different players possibilities.

The values in the Training Levels graph map roughly on to the Attributes graph. His attributes for that training category do not change at the same rate as each other - for example, if the Attacking bar increases by 10% on the Training Levels graph, it might mean that his Creativity increases by 12% and his Passing by 8%.

The height of each column contain differents values of attributs, that we can't know.

With your permisson i jump the coachs paragraph directly to the players. We knows, coachs have differents capacities of efficient and height volum of training that they can provid. And it consequence at the end of the line .... The height of the player's graph ...

The players

It takes around 2 months generally for most players to receive the full effects from starting a balanced normal training regime after a period of inactivity (ie. Coming back from holiday).

What have you said ... "Nowhere" ? And This ? I suppose don't need to paraphrase that ... It's clear.

At this point, the calibration period conception appears, if you keep in mind the summary of all aspects.

When players improve during their developmental years to reach their potential, their training schedules are looked at to determine the areas in which they improve most on. These changes are more permanent than the simple training levels. Thus the longer you keep players on the same schedules, the more their abilities will stick to the new values.

If you read that literaly, you could think that you volontary reign all over the developpement. But it's false. Précision is made just after. At this point it's just means "improve"

It should be noted that training ‘shapes’ a player over time, as such there is no ‘maximum’ gain that a player can acquire from training in an area beyond that that his potential allows – HOWEVER past a certain point his gain in that area may be given because he is lacking focus elsewhere (ie. He will be losing attribute points in another area).

"no maximum" ... "in an area beyond that his potential allows".

At this point interesting statistics related from Eugéne Tabarovsky the Génie Scout developper, from 900 000 players studies, in a post this year on The Génie's forum.

Spotting the potential for a player's improvement is a fairly tricky calculation that you can't do by a quick flick at his attributes. His professionalism, current morale, jadedness, work rate, and determination are all used to decide what level he can reach. The calculation also uses the club variables like the training facilities and quality and workload of the coaches.

Lots of juniors statisticians try to fall down this idea. But all fall down themselves. We notice here, mentals effects, coachs capaciities and clubs facilities. It rule over the positionnal projection of pre set training, in any case.

If each player have different mentals values, train by differents coachs, and in different club with different facilities, imagine to design an universal training is pretty vacant, anyway.

Heavily training players can make it harder for them to stay fully fit and ready for matches. If you have a key player who is struggling to cope with the repeated demands of matches during a season consider lowering his training regime slightly.

You might find he loses his edge slightly because he’s training less, but that’s better imho than him not being fully fit.

Full condition by regulate the level of training seems the best and efficient performance. Just for this point, even you continue to project a positional preference, you understand that you can't be exempt from a individual training.

I jump the what effect what paragraph, the workshop table with theirs attributs had sensible get modification. Everyon can read it in the game.

Whats a sensible training level?

The ‘safe’ level for training players at varies according to the player in question, generally speaking players who have high stamina and natural fitness can handle more strenuous training regimes than players who don’t.

Something that we can't understand ? Again, an another specifical notification, the physiological personnal capacities.

There are exceptions to this though and it is best to learn about your squad by setting them initially to a safe level (high levels are shown by being to the right of the bar on the area where you set the training intensities) and tweaking things for a few players at a time and seeing whether they appear to be handling the new regime safely or not.

To pay attention not to be too much generous with intensities.

I jump the Retraining players for position

Advanced Game aspects and nuances

Handling and avoiding Injuries

Injuries to professional footballers are impossible to avoid fully and are simply par for the course in some ways.

However a rash of injuries can cripple a small team and so its important to keep injuries to as manageable a level as possible during a season and because of this it is important to keep the injuries within your squad at a low level by employing sensible management techniques.

The other reason for avoiding injuries is simply that one long term injury or a sequence of smaller short-term injuries can adversely affect the development of young players.

Employing Good Physios

The better your physio’s the quicker that players will tend to recover from injuries and the less likely they will be to have to endure recurring injuries.

The amount of physio’s a club needs is largely dependant upon the size of their squad and obviously the length of their injury list. For smaller clubs one or two physio’s is acceptable and obviously quality is better than quantity in this area.

Not over-training players

If you put your players on an overly physical training regime then this will increase the chance of them being injured. If your squad is feeling unduly stretched during a season and players are indicating they are tired frequently consider easing off their training level a little to give them a better chance to recover between their matches.

Avoiding over-physical matches

If you have a small squad then try and avoid matches becoming overly physical encounters. This will help avoid picking up too many injuries from within matches.

You can help to ensure this by playing a more technical game where possible rather than a physical closing game (ie. Less pressing and easy tackling).

Don’t over-play people

Over-playing players during a season is a sure way of picking up continual niggly strains and other injuries.

Young and old players are the most susceptible to these types of injuries in general.

i noticed : don't over-training players

Don't over play people concern the Rotation principle rely to the Natural Fitness Attribut. Capacity of how long player can play some matchs before reduce his performances and getting risk of injury.

Tired players

A small squad repeatedly calling upon a core of first team players will find that towards the end of a season those players are getting more and more tired and jaded. Where possible try and rest some of your best players by avoiding them starting in unimportant matches.

If this isn’t possible or practical then at least lower their training levels so that they get more of a chance to recover between matches.

Related to the rotation and natural fitness management.

....etc ... I jump the developpement capacities for each âge dead line 24 for physical, 28 for technical, and redispatch for technical after ...

Well, all indications converge a simply thing, as you said, the graphic show the needs and capacity of each player, in all circumstances, and translate all the differents external influences, which could relativize his opportunities.

Calibration isn't a Vaughan's word, but its consequence. Its principle an universal tool and way, existing since the greek, as we known, a millenary before christ. And this program just simply use it ! Theres no discuss possible about it.

:)

Humanity just expecting the Football manager players appears on ground to contest it, and looking at this point like an extraordinary aspect of secret about universe création...

Create and individual traning not seems so difficult.

Plan a linear workshop during 2 months not seems so difficult.

Regulate the general volume to offer the full recorvery condition for the player just before the next match not seems so difficult. Well, actually, the general trigger have desepear in the individual room of training for the player, but well reduce all tigger is not so difficult and take a couple of m/secondes ...

Read the graph after 2 months and distibute the relativ differences beetweens workshop by the trigger could be sometimes more difficult because the graph becomes too small, and theres nothin to read à height precisly beetween them. But it's feasible. The condition % is just in front in a form window, indicate an approximativ volum necessary to moderate.

And if we want to be more efficient, it could nice to create a specifical menu with the training whorshop in the team page, to get the activities arrows. An another problem here, delay to refresh the effects on arrows take around 1 week to 10 days ... But at least inform us where the needs are more prégnant if the arrows are reds/orange, or if the activities are attractiv by the green ones. The neutral ( - ) inform that we stand the maintain volum.

It's seems to me really simple. Of course, theres couple of small things to make and manage ! The most simple thing is to make nothin ! Or downloading a preset one, or conserv the by default in game for every players. But you can't cry and complain about injuries, lack of progress, lack of match performances, misunderstood ...

So you can ! It's a free forum, for kids game etc ... But your not credible.

At least it's not really important, it just a fact of your own interest, and pleasure to apply it, and enjoy about controle your "game". Each one consider it from his own point of view.

The developpers could create an automate to regulate it, its the really most simple option, like lots of other parts, but where is the pleasure and the challenge ?

I think they could introduce it, with a best tool to manage it. And rules roughly by a clear and intense explanation, to stop divaguations. But cynicaly, they founds their interest about magical part from users, to their inexpressible divaguations and free exchanges, even in nowhere directions, because its motivate the "passion", the quest, in infinite discusses. Exciting curiosity and the come back of users. Insatisfaction is the first necessity of the satisfaction. They are strong !

:)

• 2 weeks later...
I still think 'I design schedules for each position in my side' is the best option.

I thought that too for years, always designed schedules based on positions.

But I found it hard to get the right balance for each schedule. While all the key areas were covered for each position, certain attributes were being neglected.

As I said above I now design schedules based on age '17-23' (Developmental stage) , '24-29' (Maintaining stage) & '30+'. (Declining stage). Ensures all Technical, Physical and Mental attributes are covered consistently.

I'm not exactly sure which category I'd fit in but I will be taking the following approach when I pick up FM again once the last patch is released.

I intend to start by putting each player in one of the default schedules implemented in FM11.

My approach will then centre heavily on the use of the Attributes Development Graph. This graph (output) is the only way to see how each individual responds to their schedule (input). It is well known that player personalities, facilities, coach quality etc. affect player development and for me the graph has been the missing link to understanding the true response to the training schedule given to any player. The graph plots a marker for each training category every month so developing trends can be identified relatively early. I will also closely monitor the training arrows as these provide a qualitative indication on a more frequent, weekly, basis. Particularly, for the latter phases of a player's career the quicker you are able to spot, for example, physical decline the quicker you can react to counter its effects by increasing strength (or aerobic) workload. You will know when the slider is high or low enough when you see the desired response, i.e. a level attribute slope on the graph. I think this approach should also be considered when designing/implementing pre-season schedules.

Overall, this approach will most probably encompass both the individual and role based descriptions in the poll. This will also be a time consuming approach for sure but I have never liked the way training has always been a lottery in terms of predicting where attribute changes will occur. The Attributes Graph gives me hope this time round...

Each individual gets a personal training program tailored to suit from a basic template. I consider which aspect of their game I want to improve and adapt the schedule accordingly, bearing in mind player age, general fitness, and apparent susceptibility to injury.

Generally, combined with match practice and tutoring where appropriate I find it works a treat. I get good control over attribute growth, and can usually pretty much shape the player's development in exactly the way I want, accepting of course that there's always going to be some element of random or unintentional attribute change.

I used to do them by position. But lately, I just let them as they're, and just do some specific ones (just for one player), attending to their "needs". Seems to work quite well, and I always spend some time signing staff.

I use a 3 tier training schedule (excluding GKs) based on age (this is on FM2010 btw)

Under 21s

Strength + Aerobic - High

Tactics + Ball Control + Set Pieces - Light

Defending + Attacking + Shooting - Medium

21-26

Strength + Aerobic - Medium

Tactics + Ball Control + Set Pieces - Light

Defending + Attacking + Shooting - High

Over 27s

Strength + Aerobic - Light

Tactics + Ball Control + Set Pieces - Intensive

Defending + Attacking + Shooting - Medium

GKs are just on the def GK training.

So as you can see I like my youth to develop their physical attributes, my core squad players to do the important stuff (attack, defend and score!) and my veterans to concentrate less on their physical attributes and more on their skills with the ball and their brain.

Training is the one area of FM I hate. With all the sliders etc and I think the layout is fairly poor and fiddly compared to other areas of the gmae. Yes the tactics have this as well but at least I can actually see the impact on the pitch. So I download and use them, I've never bothered with training (ever since CM3) and I shan't start now. I can understand the appeal to others though, this area of the game is not for me though.

I wouldn't say that the in-game training setup is a decent feature but I do think it is important to understand how it affects your players.

I think I would prefer to see a more tactical based setup rather than focussed on attributes ie. one where you can train your players in specific formations, set pieces, tempos, passing styles, etc etc. I think attributes should instead follow some sort of natural development based on a player's "football DNA" and personality as well as what sort of tactics/position/role/playing mentality/matches he is experiencing.

Archived