Controversial decisions interaction

Why is it still in FM? It was daft when they brought it in and it's still daft now.

When they ask you about it you are always wrong and you can't tell from the display anyway. Until they have a proper mechanism to show you the incident it shouldn't be in the game.

Why is it still in FM? It was daft when they brought it in and it's still daft now.

When they ask you about it you are always wrong and you can't tell from the display anyway. Until they have a proper mechanism to show you the incident it shouldn't be in the game.

Seconded...

When you complain about a dubious decision, you'll always be wrong and receive a warning/ban...

When you don't, there's no way to know whether the ref got the decision right or wrong anyway, and the only news item will be about one of your players feeling aggrieved by the ref's call.

It's silly and in the end pointless... What's the point of having a "feature" that will always go against the user?

Complaining about the ref is part of the game, it can (could? should?) even work for (or against, it depends) your team at times... It should have been fixed a long time ago already, instead it's still broken.

"Do you feel the ref had an impact on the game?" should be changed into "What about making a fool of yourself and getting a touchline ban for good measure?"

Seconded...

When you complain about a dubious decision, you'll always be wrong and receive a warning/ban...

In order not to get a warning/ban, you have to watch the match text at the time of the incident, and the end of game analysis where it rates the ref's performance to see whether it was a bad call. Not sure that even if you are right in your criticism that it matters in the game, though.

Doesn't always go against you. I by accident complained about a penality decision against me. The FA were silent. Don't know how that benefits me though, as far as I know I'd have got the same outcome by not commenting on the decision.

This.

10char

The only possible benefit I can see outside the occasional morale thing with your players is that it might improve the referee in question, but I am just speculating here. Why have it otherwise, though?

Frankly, does this not mirror real life? When managers complain vigorously to the media after the ref's made a howler, even if it was a terrible decision managers are often warned etc. because it brings the game into disrepute if the ref's decisions are constantly questioned. The fact that this is mirrored in the game isn't a problem, one just need to learn to control one's (mouse controlled) tongue.

Frankly, does this not mirror real life? When managers complain vigorously to the media after the ref's made a howler, even if it was a terrible decision managers are often warned etc. because it brings the game into disrepute if the ref's decisions are constantly questioned. The fact that this is mirrored in the game isn't a problem, one just need to learn to control one's (mouse controlled) tongue.

Not really. In real life the managers get to see the incidents properly, so they can judge them appropriately. Sure some still fly off the handle incorrectly but there are occasions where a manager is right to be criticising them and they get bans overturned etc.

Doesn't always go against you. I by accident complained about a penality decision against me. The FA were silent. Don't know how that benefits me though, as far as I know I'd have got the same outcome by not commenting on the decision.

I've been wrong only 2 twice and have been right like 6 or 7 times :cool:

I believe that if you complain righteously, your players will like you more and improve their morale. Look at Mourinho, the guy complains about the ref, the club management, the FA, the media, and yet his players, even those former, are willing to die for him.

Archived