FM on dual monitors

is there not a setting in windows that lets you choose one screen for programs and another for windows? guys at my work use that for engineering work so im sure it could be done with FM.

do you know how to do this?

Go into grapgics options and set your second monitor and tick the box that says, extended my desktop onto this display

I already have my 2nd monitor extended but when i click that screen it exits out of FM

• 4 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread. But ive tried setting fm to windowed however if i maximise the window the matchs become very jerky however if it is not maximised then everything is a bit blurry but it runs fine. Ive got a full hd screen (dont know if its relevant) and i also have switchable graphics which im thinking might have something to do with it if for some reason my computer is switching to the integrated grpahics when i maximise the window

Performance will degrade if you put it into Windowed mode, unfortunately.

What do you mean by "switching to the integrated graphics"? If you have a discrete card, it will use that and ignore the integrated graphics (unless you have a Sandy Bridge processor, a Z68 chipset and a discrete card, in which case the processor knows when to use discrete and when to use onboard). I simply think the integrated graphics can't cope, and then it would depend on how old the integrated graphics is and the resolutions at which your monitors are operating at.

Performance will degrade if you put it into Windowed mode, unfortunately.

What do you mean by "switching to the integrated graphics"? If you have a discrete card, it will use that and ignore the integrated graphics (unless you have a Sandy Bridge processor, a Z68 chipset and a discrete card, in which case the processor knows when to use discrete and when to use onboard). I simply think the integrated graphics can't cope, and then it would depend on how old the integrated graphics is and the resolutions at which your monitors are operating at.

I do have a sandybridge processor and a dedicated graphics card so it should know to use the dedicated one then. Its just weird that it runs fine in window mode until i maximise the window

I have two monitors and wish to play FM 2011 on one screen while doing other work on the other, without FM closing down. Is this possible? How can I do it?

Run FM in windowed mode, drag it onto the screen you want to play it on and maximise it. It should fill that screen but not spread onto your second screen.

That is how I do it anyway!

I do that with my tv. It is pretty awesome.

That sounds like hell. TVs have such crappy resolutions (unless you mean you play FM on your computer and use your TV as a second screen to play something else on).

My setup at home is 3 28" monitors, I generally have FM on one, firefox on another and a TV program or film on the 3rd!

It needs to have a Z68 chipset (the most recent one). What is the dedicated graphics card, and what resolutions do you run your monitors in? It could be a driver issue too.

I dont know on the chipset but its a sony vaio c series (i only got it a couple of months ago) its got a ATI 6630M (im sure its more than capable of running FM) the screen on my laptop is 1920 * 1080 and my monitor is 1360 * 768 i run the game on my laptops screen usually. ill try updating the drivers aswell. Thanks for the help btw

I dont know on the chipset but its a sony vaio c series (i only got it a couple of months ago) its got a ATI 6630M (im sure its more than capable of running FM) the screen on my laptop is 1920 * 1080 and my monitor is 1360 * 768 i run the game on my laptops screen usually. ill try updating the drivers aswell. Thanks for the help btw

It won't be a Z68 chipset if it's a few months old, so it will be the dedicated graphics card running the graphics. I'd take a look at the drivers - it's roughly equivalent to the Radeon 5650 which would still be a really good card.

I think it's also worth checking how much memory the video card has - a lot of mobility Radeons are capable of using some system RAM too, and if you have 2 screens it may be worth considering. If the card has 256 MB of memory (I think it should have 512 MB, but it is worth checking), then you can look online to see if boosting it to 512 MB by taking 256 MB from your system RAM will help - bearing in mind you do need a good amount of RAM to run the game in itself.

That sounds like hell. TVs have such crappy resolutions (unless you mean you play FM on your computer and use your TV as a second screen to play something else on).

My setup at home is 3 28" monitors, I generally have FM on one, firefox on another and a TV program or film on the 3rd!

my computer is a laptop. the tv is better res and I play sitting on the couch. I take a 95% quality screen with a 140% computer chair everyday.

I want this! I use dual monitors at work, but only one at home. I like the idea of having 2 (or even 3) but am not much of a techy and wouldn't know where to start.

I want this! I use dual monitors at work, but only one at home. I like the idea of having 2 (or even 3) but am not much of a techy and wouldn't know where to start.

Not hard tbh, you just connect 2 monitors to your pc (your graphics card needs to support it though).

my computer is a laptop. the tv is better res and I play sitting on the couch. I take a 95% quality screen with a 140% computer chair everyday.

Damn I agree about the chair. When I came up to University I picked up a wireless keyboard and mouse purely because my bed is close enough to the desk so I can put the monitor right on the edge of the desk, lie back on my bed and still play!

3 28" monitors is surely overkill... Your power consumption must be through the roof!

I have a 23" (with a 15.6" laptop) and am planning on getting a second, but I am used to 17" CRTs so the sheer size of the 23" LCD makes me wonder how anyone can use all those pixels...

You can do it my way, put 2 computers next to eachother, play FM on the best machine... or the worst machine, then you can leave it on for day and night, play one game now and then ... it's my favorite way of playing this game in the long term ! Better playing FM than wasting time on MSN or some crap :p

What I would absolutely LOVE is that if FM had full multi-monitor support so that (for example) I could have the 3D match on one screen with stats, reports etc on the other. Even if you are using different resolutions etc....

I've been using FM on dual monitors for ages, where I will have FM on one screen and the other is used for browsing, movie/tv watching whilst waiting for the game to progress (I use a huge DB so processing can be a little slow at times)

Archived