Should i go or should i stay? Need advice..

I have only played one save in FM11, and i took Southampton in this one, having an extremely successful first season in League 1, then somehow dragging myself into the playoff spots of the Championship and into Premier League, even though i really didn't want to do it just yet since i felt my team was too young and inexperienced for the EPL monsters. We did it though and started EPL on a disastrous way, only to have a very good second half of the season and have a respectable position in EPL.

I have a great chairman, who gave me about 60 million to spent in my first season, and another 50 million now in the second season in EPL, and for all of these years, i have been building a team based on youth talent, i have the best U18s, winning the leagues and cups, and my first team's average age is 21, most of my first teamers are Under-25.

However, in the summer of 2013, there come Inter, the team of my life, the team that i have spent my entire life following and loving, the team whose colors and logos fill up my whole room, the team of my dreams, and they offer me a contract to replace Benitez...

I am totally torn, i already said no to Bayern, CSKA Moscow, Tottenham and Valencia, but i really cannot say no to Inter, while i cannot leave Southampton either after all the hard work, and right before the time to collect the fruit is, when the team is maturing and into a great team... I have received this offer two days ago, i have saved the game and have not played it since...

What should i do really? Ever been in such a position? What did you do?

i would stay, but i don't like switching clubs too often.

if you want a job with inter then start a new game with them.

ask yourself what was the aim when you started your save? did you plan it to step up to higher things or did you do it to make your team the best there is? if its the latter then imo you dont want to leave it unfinished.

alternatively, copy the save, in one of them take the inter job, in the other stay as you are so you can switch if you change your mind

You can always play both. Just add another manager, or save the game now, so you can go back and play the other team later on :)

I personally wouldn't leave a team I've built up just to manage the team I support in real life. I did take the job at their local rivals in FM2005 - I'd started in league two, joined Preston for a season or two in the second season, and then got offered the Man City job. Seeing as I didn't have much of an emotional connection to Preston yet (I'd saved them from relegation and improved the squad a bit, but the team wasn't made up of my players), the lure of money to spend and top quality players at City was too good to refuse.

The question really is: do you play FM to build your own teams, or do you play because you want to move to Inter at some point. If the first, stay where you are, unless you want to have to do the building all over again.

Archived