Domestic Player Bias - In The Future

Does anyone have a good "domestic player bias" score in the later years of the game?

I was doing fine with FC Bayern and had a completely German first 11 in the first six seasons. I moved to Spurs and really struggled to find affordable English targets so ended up buying from abroad most of the time. Same thing happened at Barcelona, I went in with the intention of buying Spanish talent and basing it on a Spanish back bone, I was unable to do it and think I signed one Spaniard in 2 seasons. Now i've just finished my first season in charge of Stuttgart and my end of season transfers have only 2 Germans and both are over 31. My score is now 5 icon_frown.gif

It's been talked about a lot on these forums, but the issue of newgens from lesser countries is affecting my game and I see a point in the future where I will have a squad without any homegrown players. At Barcelona when looking for a defender the only options who ticked all the right boxes already played for top teams and would have cost over £30m. I even resorted to trying Mini Scout, to see if I was missing anyone and it appeared that in 2017 there wasn't a single Spanish centre back under 24 with a PA over 170, there was one midfielder and one striker, but both of these were extremely expensive.

It's not a big deal, but i'm quite sad in that i'd like to see all my manager stats doing quite well, including hand on approach, so I never go on holiday, but the current newgen creation is thwarting my ability to score well in Domestic Player Bias. Perhaps it's just me.

I've found that my Domestic Player Bias is better when I play LLM. I think it should affect how likely you are to get your national job, but like you said it can be difficult to maintain it so that might not be a good idea.

mines pretty high, 13 i tend to go for umcoming enlish players as long as they dont cost too much i do sometimes grab a bargain though. i think it should be changed to what nationality players you prefer. or preference to own nationanality thats what i though it was.

just started a challenge/ecperiment if you want to sign up anyone. called myfirst experiment/challenge.

Bummer! Not many teams these days would win with their first 11 all from the same country/homegrown, it would be nice though. but think of it this way. your job is to get the best 11 for that club, not to supply the national team and that means we have to shop around so we can win those titles and become lgends in our own minds icon_razz.gif

Don't get me wrong, it's me that is being unrealistic rather than the game in terms of signing only players from the country i'm managing in, but the current newgens system and the lack of good players from top class nations is having an affect. If I managed in Saudi Arabia i'd actually be able to buy 3 of the best defenders in the world and see my dom player bias go up icon_razz.gif

Sepp Blatter would want to have me mounted on a crucifix...i have only one englishman (my son!) in my side. Although due to my poaching of excellent youth, i have 13 home grown players - alas the game doesn't consider these "domestic".

Needless to say i have a rating of 1 for domestic player bias.

I have a domestic player rating of 20 in the year 2021. Have consistantly bought domestic players in the 4 countries I have been to. OZ, the US, France and Germany.

I have been lucky though as my Bayern Munich youth team seems to throw up at least two or three usable regens every few years, and this is my first career on FM that this has happened.

But I must admit the lack of German talent from other clubs has forced me to buy mainly foreign players in the last few seasons.

Archived