Sure, you want to leave, but if we only get that much?!

So there I am, I've built an amazing Championship Squad (out of players that I was getting for what should have been my first season in the Premiership). So I have this midfielder right, £3.4 million, absoloute bargain! Now, in order to avoid random ****s like bidding for him I put an asking price of 30 somthing million. Barcelona bid £4.3 million (well below what I would accept for him), so I put them up to what I would accept (around £9-12 million) and then he has a hissy and misses training! Why does this happen, I think he should accept that if he's going to get out of a 4 year contract, he's they've got to pay top dollar, I don't care if I'm in the Championship!

Originally posted by Some guy....:

So there I am, I've built an amazing Championship Squad (out of players that I was getting for what should have been my first season in the Premiership). So I have this midfielder right, £3.4 million, absoloute bargain! Now, in order to avoid random ****s like bidding for him I put an asking price of 30 somthing million. Barcelona bid £4.3 million (well below what I would accept for him), so I put them up to what I would accept (around £9-12 million) and then he has a hissy and misses training! Why does this happen, I think he should accept that if he's going to get out of a 4 year contract, he's they've got to pay top dollar, I don't care if I'm in the Championship!

He cares about himself, not you, and all he sees is you stopping him moving to Barcelona.

Look at it from his view, you have just cost him the chance of playing in one of the top clubs in the world. He will not give a monkies how much they bid.

I am having the same problem in my save, Bristol City in the Championship in 2018. Now sitting 1st place and looking like I can secure a promotion. Unfortunately 4 of my players have got the hump because i will not let them leave.

Only a few options.

1) Reject the bids and play them, their morale will improve and they will play well, even if they are still upset by you turning down the bid.

2) Accept the bid, but set the date as the end of the season. Include a big sell on clause. 35% gets accepted fairly often.

3) Ask for a smaller fee up front, but a lot more over the next 24 months. You can often get your expected valuation for him this way.

The quality of club that bid for a player, should be a guide. In your case Barcelona are bidding for him, this means even if you win the premiership on the next season. he will still get upset if a bigger team bid for him. Now if Aston villa (assuming they were mid table) bid for him. then you can probably ignore them safely, as sooner or later you will have a better reputation than them. For Barca to take notice he is probably a class player and you will struggle to keep him.

Archived