new laptop fm performance 1/2 stars

What are the specs of your new laptop and how many leagues did you load?

I just got a new HP laptop and I got all the skins, logos ect I start the game and got to pick countries and I got half a star on computer performance. What should happen now or how to improve performance?.

I just got a new HP laptop and I got all the skins, logos ect I start the game and got to pick countries and I got half a star on computer performance. What should happen now or how to improve performance?.

I'm exactly the same with my HP laptop as well. Wouldn't worry about it. It only slows down after a while but that's more because my laptop starts to overheat

Well you don't gave a dedicated graphics card in the pc, so that could've an issue as the 3d match might well be unavailable to you.

I think there is a general misconception that a 'new' pc will immediately be able to play new games, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

Well you don't gave a dedicated graphics card in the pc, so that could've an issue as the 3d match might well be unavailable to you.

I think there is a general misconception that a 'new' pc will immediately be able to play new games, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

I think I got a hp with windows 7 shouldn't that work?. Oh I forgot I used steam instead of normal as I bought it from a shop could you disable the thread thanks

I think I got a hp with windows 7 shouldn't that work?. Oh I forgot I used steam instead of normal as I bought it from a shop could you disable the thread thanks

No, that's the point. Buying a pc is not like buying a games console. You know if you buy an x-box game it will work on an x-box. With pcs you have to check the processor speed, ram and graphics card before knowing if your computer can play the game.

How new the computer is doesn't have any relevance. My 4 year old computer I just sold will play the game far better than many pcs in the shops right now.

The processor is not the greatest - ideally you should have at least got an i3 2310M which comes with much better integrated graphics and performance. The Pentium range nowadays is really low-end stuff (despite the name) - you can get a much better boost from an i3, and the low-end i5s can sometimes be good if you can find a bargain bundle.

I would always be wary of buying anything from non-dedicated IT stores like Staples.

I accept this probably doesn't help the OP, though.

I believe this chipset does support i3 processors (and i5/i7, although likely not all), so you can consider getting the processor upgraded. This will likely void your warranty if you do it externally, of course. The good news is that the RAM is solid enough and probably won't need upgrading.

I've got a very good spec laptop and it still gives me pretty average ratings... i don't look at it because the game runs fine. I think there is an issue with FMs ability to get the rating right for laptops since the game wasn't designed for laptops... they don't test them on laptops either IIRC

I've got a very good spec laptop and it still gives me pretty average ratings... i don't look at it because the game runs fine. I think there is an issue with FMs ability to get the rating right for laptops since the game wasn't designed for laptops... they don't test them on laptops either IIRC

Not really relevant. What matters is that most lap tops come with integrated graphics cards that the game says is below minimum specs. My laptop runs the game perfectly, as did the previous one before I broke the screen.

What matters is reading the minimum specs and ensuring the computer is above those.

I have to say that that is quite expensive for the basic spec you have got, sorry but I give it 12 months before you decide you want a newer better laptop.

£320 for a laptop is about as low as you can get? I don't understand your pessimism

Not really relevant. What matters is that most lap tops come with integrated graphics cards that the game says is below minimum specs. My laptop runs the game perfectly, as did the previous one before I broke the screen.

What matters is reading the minimum specs and ensuring the computer is above those.

Also, he's talking about computer performance... not the graphic rating(in preferences). If the integrated graphics wasn't good enough then he wouldn't even be able to run the game.

Archived