An excessive bid???

They do it in real life. The blind leading the blind financed by a blind sheik.

I hate them with a passion on the game. They've not won a single trophy yet, much like in real life, but they bid for every single player that has two legs and can breath. They hoover up about 12 16-18 year olds every single season, but don't ever play any of them, letting them rot in the background before they are released and replaced. All the while the first team struggles along with it's band of (not very) merry mercenaries. On my game they have just bought David Villa for £67m. No real reason for it as they have about nine other world class strikers.

Ha - true dat! Just thought it was mental. I was offered David Silva from them for €7.5m but when I went to sign him his wages were huge so I walked away. He signed for Roma for half the money. I wouldn't mind but I'm 4x in a row champions with Lazio. And he joins Roma?

I didn't need this guy (above) either, I just wanted to see what price I could offer to get accepted. Hummels decided not to go to City and I withdrew my bid.

City made a 20 million pound bid for a 29 championship striker in my save lol

as a city fan you can all eat it where it doesn't shine. green eyed fools if your club had money you wouldn't care

So you ignore the fact that your team made a bunch of ******** bids and that SI has implemented this perfectly in the game? :rolleyes:

They do it in real life. The blind leading the blind financed by a blind sheik.

I hate them with a passion on the game. They've not won a single trophy yet, much like in real life, but they bid for every single player that has two legs and can breath. They hoover up about 12 16-18 year olds every single season, but don't ever play any of them, letting them rot in the background before they are released and replaced. All the while the first team struggles along with it's band of (not very) merry mercenaries. On my game they have just bought David Villa for £67m. No real reason for it as they have about nine other world class strikers.

I have to say they are the same way in my save lol

as a city fan you can all eat it where it doesn't shine. green eyed fools if your club had money you wouldn't care

Don't bother with them friend. We both know that City are going onwards and upwards.

As for SI I find that some of the bids on this game concerning City are utterly ridiculous. The players that City bring in now are not players that play back up. We haven't signed a bunch of young players and we haven't signed a bunch of back up players to what we already have. We have wasted money on some players but that is when Mark Hughes was our manager. He wanted to bring in a brand new team every transfer window it seemed.

Roberto Mancini has brought in the following players. Adam Johnson, Patrick Vieira, Edin Dzeko, YaYa Toure, David Silva, Mario Balotelli, Aleksandar Kolarov, Jerome Boateng, James Milner and David Gonzalez. Out of all of those 4 are backups, Jerome Boateng because ha has been injured and has lacked form that he had in the WC, Adam Johnson has been mainly used as a super sub but has started a few matches lately, Patrick Vieira was brought in last year when all we had in the midfield was Gareth Barry and Nigel de Jong and an underachieving Stephen Ireland so he was badly needed, then there is David Gonzalez we brought him in in case Joe Hart got hurt and then Shay had to play and he got hurt, having 3 goalkeepers was shown as needed last year when we got into trouble there.

2 of the back ups that we bought have clear potential and will eventually be good players for us consistently playing first team football. The players that are bought in the game are rarely an actual improvement on the players that they currently have and don't even make good substitutes. I feel that SI have drastically overdone the amount of transfers that the team makes and have screwed up even more on the quality of players. Manchester United, Arsenal and even Liverpool seem to make great transfers, for players that are needed and eventually make their team, City just keeps on buying, that is not the gameplan of City this has been stated by Roberto Mancini. After this transfer window it is highly unlikely that we will see big name transfers anymore. In fact Edin Dzeko could be the last one. So unless there are players that can make a drastic improvement on the team then I dont think that SI should be programming them to buy so many players.

Obviously transfers do go wrong in real life. That has to be taken into account and definitely is in the game I just feel like it is well overdone in the case of Manchester City.

You know it isn't just man city who make ridiculous bids for players.

Liverpool got a sugar daddy in my game and started making ridiculous bids for all sorts of players.

Liverpool has been making ridiculous bids for all sorts of players in real life since 2004 when they didn't have a sugar daddy. :p

Archived