Promissing players in CM/FM that never "made it" big IRL

Remembering the players that had high potential given by the game and performed well in the CM/FM series but failed and were mediocre players IRL.

In CM 01/02: - Maxim Tsigalko (Belarus). One of the best promissing strikers of that edition

- Julius Agahowa (Nigeria)

- Cherno Samba (Gambia). Legend

In FM05: - Junior Khanye (South Africa). Was a very young promissing left winger with amazing dribling skills.

- Kerlon (Brasil). What a waste.

- Evandro Roncatto (Brasil). During 2003, he won the FIFA U-17 World Championship with Brazil. He was elected the 2nd best player (FIFA Silver Ball), losing the 1st place to Cesc Fàbregas. Now he plays in Cyprus.

In FM06: - Sherman Cardenas (Colombia)

So what other players from the past CM/FM fit into this category?

Sherman Cardenas

Legend.

... Mark Kerr ...

03/04 Orry Freir Oskarsson

I've just signed Mark Kerr on a free in FM11 with Mansfield (League One) and i'm hoping he will play even a quarter of how he did in 01/02. Oskarsson was pure gold.

CM4 - Daniel Braathen (Daniel Braaten in game). Was great on the game and I think he had a loan spell at Fulham or somewhere but he never amounted to much.

Who was the 16 year old right back in the early FM's?? I forget his name, he was great too but a pain in the ass at the same time.

Sigthorsson - CM01/02 (hopefully some kind icelandic soul can help me figure out how to write his name correctly, once and for all :))

Andri Sigþórsson (Sigthorsson) Orri freyr oskarsson name doesnt even exist anymore, his name now is orri freyr hjaltalin

Sounds like Anthony Vanden Borre. We had him on loan at Pompey, he struggled to get in the team :D

That's the one! Horrible little **** to manage!

Andri Sigþórsson (Sigthorsson) Orri freyr oskarsson name doesnt even exist anymore, his name now is orri freyr hjaltalin

Why is that?

Hjaltalín is i think the family name, all the son f.e.Gretar steinsson in bolton, is because his dad´s name is steinn and we just put son in the end after the fathers name

Yeah i'm aware of Icelandic naming procedures. Thanks for clearing that up though. :)

Freddy Adu, Fabio Paim, Vanden Borre, Kompany, and sherman cardenas have to be the stand out ones for me. i had fabio paim on cm4 when he was 14/15....sensational

Can't agree with Kompany

I agree he hasn't hit the heights that he did on FM05 but he's done a hell of a lot more than any of the other names mentioned on this thread.

But he's struggling to even find a club who will take him at the moment. I think it is pretty safe to say he is the not the player everyone thought he was back then.

Jesus the guy even appeard in an advert with Pele! Never develped himself.

and Joe Cole was quality on 01/02. World beater, for me anyways...

Ohh and Diego, on FM 06. Lost him to Inter... damn, still havent gotten over that.

Lebohang Mokoena

I had him up front and Benedict Vilakazi at AMC (with FWR) behind him. Mokoena was an insatiable finisher, Vilakazi an unstoppable dribbler, with inch-perfect passing. A perfect pairing.

In every FM since, I always scout South Africa in the vain hope that I'll dredge up someone half as good. Still waiting.

Freddy Guarin

This, alongside the usual suspects Adu and Mokoena.

he's a striker, just signed for grimsby irl.

I have him at Salisbury, only played him as a back up to my left mid. Does get a few goals though to be fair.

Archived