Odd new stadium thing

Leeds in 2024, I've been bugging my board for a new stadium once every couple of years but they always say no. In the last few years we've become considerably richer as a result of me paying more attention to the wage bill and moving some players on for big money, so I decide to chance it again, and when I go to request a new stadium for some reason the option is now greyed out (it never was before?). Also, when I mouseover 'Build New Stadium' and 'Expand Stadium', the following tooltips pop up:

vqBNa.png

So the game seems to think that a new stadium is on the way, and actually says that the board are 'actioning my request' despite the fact that I never had a request accepted? This is news to me, I haven't received any inbox messages about a new stadium or anything. Also, in the general overview part of the boardroom section there's no mention of anything happening. Just the expansion and purchase from way back in 2013-15:

aG0Lf.png

So there doesn't actually seem to be a new stadium on the way after all. A last weird thing that makes me think it might be a bug or something: when I try to make the board request, it shows the little club overview thing in the upper right:

8ZRZW.png

...which says my average attendance is 65,234. Which would be impressive because Elland Road only holds 55,000 at present and cannot be expanded any further. This makes me think perhaps my game has bugged out. Has anyone else encountered this? Does it eventually fix itself like some of the other stadium issues?

from what I've seen on the forums before it seems that when you have a new stadium you can only get a new one every 20 years or so, which with you asking for a new one may have caused it to bug out a little unless of course you didn't actually buy a stadium in 2013-14 then I would report it in the bugs forum

So there doesn't actually seem to be a new stadium on the way after all. A last weird thing that makes me think it might be a bug or something. When I try to make the board request, it shows the little club overview thing in the upper right:

8ZRZW.png

...which says my average attendance is 65,234. Which would be impressive because Elland Road only holds 55,000 at present and cannot be expanded any further. This makes me think perhaps my game has bugged out. Has anyone else encountered this? Does it eventually fix itself like some of the other stadium issues?

I believe that attendance mark is the max amount of fans you can attract to a game and not average attendance. As for the stadium issue, I don't know, I assume its a bug and if so unlucky. I didn't have an issue buildng mine.

from what I've seen on the forums before it seems that when you have a new stadium you can only get a new one every 20 years or so, which with you asking for a new one may have caused it to bug out a little unless of course you didn't actually buy a stadium in 2013-14 then I would report it in the bugs forum

We didn't actually move to a new stadium at that point. At the start of the game, Leeds are leasing Elland Road, all that happened was that I made enough money for us to buy it back - we didn't build or buy a new stadium, or move grounds.

I had a similar problem and reported it in the bugs forum. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

I checked out your thread, and from what I can see, you encountered a problem where you had a new stadium approved, and the planning stage began, but then it never got built? That isn't what's happened here - I never had a request for a new stadium approved at any point, the option to ask for one has just disappeared, and it's only through the mouseover thing that I got any indication that the game thinks a new one might be in the works. I can't be certain, obviously, but it doesn't sound like the same bug.

Anyway, I've played one and a half more seasons (and gone past the season rollover point twice) since I posted this thread, and everything is still the same as it was. I can't ask for a new stadium and nothing has happened in terms of the board planning one. Kind of annoying :(

• 1 month later...

I am Gloucester City, currently in League 1 and about to be promoted to the Championship. I fill out Whaddon Road which is 7.5k and im looking to move to a new stadium as Cheltenham own the stadium so i can't get it expanded.

I've continually asked the board to build a new stadium, i have 8.2m, and they have continually said no. Now however the option is greyed out and is states "board requested is currently being actioned". I have never received a news piece regarding a new stadium and there is nothing under facilities. Am i stuck with this option greyed out forever and therefore stuck with a 7.5k stadium?

I had the same problem and looked around in the forums before. It's not a bug. The stadium is actually being built. Your board has just decided to build it on their own initiative without you asking for it. Maybe the "bug" is that you're never informed of this. But after a few or several seasons passed, you eventually get told that a new stadium is on the way. I had to wait about 5 seasons in my case, but now it's only 1 more season before the thing is finished. Be patient.

I am Gloucester City, currently in League 1 and about to be promoted to the Championship. I fill out Whaddon Road which is 7.5k and im looking to move to a new stadium as Cheltenham own the stadium so i can't get it expanded.

I've continually asked the board to build a new stadium, i have 8.2m, and they have continually said no. Now however the option is greyed out and is states "board requested is currently being actioned". I have never received a news piece regarding a new stadium and there is nothing under facilities. Am i stuck with this option greyed out forever and therefore stuck with a 7.5k stadium?

If you believe you have an issue with your game please post it in the bugs forum where someone will be happy to take a look at it.

Archived