What to do with your own player who wont hold a private chat with you and is unhappy?

A player came to me and said I lacked dicipline, this after winning a treble in my first season and doing nothing wrong effectively. I argued my point with the player and now hes unhappy with me and wont speak to me.

Normally id drop him but its Valdes and im Barcelona lol. Im contemplating dropping him from the team and giving Luis Guilerme a run as GK, is this wise? or should I play Valdes until hes happy with me again?

A player came to me and said I lacked dicipline, this after winning a treble in my first season and doing nothing wrong effectively. I argued my point with the player and now hes unhappy with me and wont speak to me.

Normally id drop him but its Valdes and im Barcelona lol. Im contemplating dropping him from the team and giving Luis Guilerme a run as GK, is this wise? or should I play Valdes until hes happy with me again?

Let him be unhappy. I had a player that took a strop with me and it took 2 seasons to get over it. But I just stopped having private chats. Started praising them during good performances and (if a goalkeeper) through clean sheets etc.

But there's something seriously wrong with this.

I had Paulo Henrique and then SOMEONE else got sent off in a game.

Henrique came to me to complain about Discipline.

I said "I'm sorry it won't happen again".

Henrique said "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!"

and I said "I hope we can both get on with our jobs professionally!"

He said "I CAN'T ACCEPT THINGS AS THEY ARE AND I SHOULD BELIEVE BEFORE I SAY SOMETHING I REGRET"

Then Neymar got unhappy on how I "treated" Henrique!

Now I had two players unhappy over an incident that didn't even involve them. One player calling me a liar. And another upset for no reason.

Two seasons. Two long argumentative seasons. But they got over it.

You should check one of their stats or their personality, seems they like to get involved in stuff that dont concern them, Luis Guilherme kept a clean sheet and is doing a good job so far so in tow minds wether to play Valdes in cup matches only lol.

Ive made a rule - anyone who acts like this post the patch (when it was toned down a bit) gets transfer listed.

I wont have disruptive players in my team, irrelavent of who they are. It helps that as arsenal a few years into the game I am fairly well off and dont have to worry, but I even transfer listed arshavin in the first season because of this.

But there's something seriously wrong with this.

I had Paulo Henrique and then SOMEONE else got sent off in a game.

Henrique came to me to complain about Discipline.

I said "I'm sorry it won't happen again".

Henrique said "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!"

and I said "I hope we can both get on with our jobs professionally!"

He said "I CAN'T ACCEPT THINGS AS THEY ARE AND I SHOULD BELIEVE BEFORE I SAY SOMETHING I REGRET"

You are absolutely right, there is something horribly wrong here, and that something is you :p

A highly professional and determined player complained to you that you are basically too soft on the players. That you let them slide with anything. He wants you to actually do something about that, to be a manager, leader and not their best friend. You cried on his shoulder and promised that you will never make that mistake again - so, you actually showed him that he was right, you let him push you around. Instead you should have told him off, you are the manager, you will decide when to be strict, when to let things slide, that is not his job, his job is to go out and play - he would have respected that and respected you as well.

Now if i.e. Balottelli comes to you crying that, I don't know, you are not giving him enough credit, then you agree with him, kiss his ass a bit and let him go out happy. You just have to either tailor your approach to different kinds of players or if you are not capable of doing that, choose the players that fit your approach. But this example is 100% your incompetence as a manager.

- so, you actually showed him that he was right, you let him push you around. Instead you should have told him off, you are the manager, you will decide when to be strict, when to let things slide, that is not his job, his job is to go out and play - he would have respected that and respected you as well.

But here is where the problem is - THAT DOESNT WORK.

You then go on to say that he didnt fit his approach to that player - but how is he supposed to know? Appart from very famous 'whiners' (eg balottelli) how the hell are people supposed to know what player will respond in what way - sure, he wont answer that player in the same way again, but its already too late.

Not to mention that if I told my boss that he was a lier I would get a lovely rest during my redundancy.

You are absolutely right, there is something horribly wrong here, and that something is you :p

A highly professional and determined player complained to you that you are basically too soft on the players. That you let them slide with anything. He wants you to actually do something about that, to be a manager, leader and not their best friend. You cried on his shoulder and promised that you will never make that mistake again - so, you actually showed him that he was right, you let him push you around. Instead you should have told him off, you are the manager, you will decide when to be strict, when to let things slide, that is not his job, his job is to go out and play - he would have respected that and respected you as well.

Now if i.e. Balottelli comes to you crying that, I don't know, you are not giving him enough credit, then you agree with him, kiss his ass a bit and let him go out happy. You just have to either tailor your approach to different kinds of players or if you are not capable of doing that, choose the players that fit your approach. But this example is 100% your incompetence as a manager.

Eh he came to me and said he was concerned about the lack of discipline.

The game had auto continued before I got the chance to add the discipline, so I missed the news report. My bad. I agree.

So after he raised his concern I said

"You're right, it won't happen again"

So I agreed with him and said I'd look into discplinary procedures. Which is what HE WANTED!

Then he got his handbag and high heels on.

I've taken the strict approach with players too and gotten the exact same reaction.

Sorry I didn't post every exact conversation I've had with players that got in a strop. There should be an option to buy them a box of tampons.

Archived