Advanced forward vs. Poacher

I'm not sure I understand the difference in advanced forwards and poachers. Would someone please explain the difference?

I'm playing in the eighth tier of the English leagues and am trying to figure out the best combination of forwards at that level. I am currently using a deep lying forward and an advanced forward, but wondering if a poacher might be a better choice.

Advanced Forward is a creative Poacher who is sometimes going to get a bit back and try and create something. So, his duty is to be focal point of attack to score and assist. To shoot from distance sometimes aswell (Torres, Eto'o, Fat Ronaldo). Poacher is a typical fox in the box (think Michael Owen in his best days). He will be on defenders shoulder just waiting to beat offside trap, run onto ball and shoot. Or just lurk in the box and try to use every chance.

The way I do it with player roles is to attach a well known player to the role. For example Poacher - Gary Lineker or Advanced Forward - Peter Beardsley. Who do I want my forward to play like. Is he more like Lineker or Beardsley?

And I do the same with all the other roles. To be honest the highlighted stats for each role do a pretty good job of showing you who is suitable for which role, and the descriptions of each role are fairly self explanitory.

Archived