What is the most evil thing you've ever done in this game?

As the title says really, what is the most evil thing you've ever done in Football Manager?

For me it would probably be what I did on my Sunderland save just after the latest patch was released.

I am from Sunderland and therefore support Sunderland & hate Newcastle, but despite this I took over Newcastle at the start of the game to launch my evil plan.

I did a decent job managing Newcastle finishing in the top 10 for the first 2 seasons. Then a month into the 3rd season the Sunderland job became available so I applied and when I got offered the job I delayed the offer for a week and in that week I:

Released every single player that I could on a free transfer.

Arranged a transfer for almost every other player for £0 so that they would leave for nothing right at the start of the next transfer window.

Signed about 30 awful players for £0 upfront but £40m after 1 league appearance.

I left them with 3 players left in the senior squad, none in the reserves and none in the under 18s. They had no transfer money left (I spent it all in pre-season) and so couldn't sign any new players in the January transfer because they had no money left, and as a result they would be forced to play the people that I had signed for them, with each player costing them £40m the second they step on the pitch.

The end result of all of this was that Newcastle plumetted down the league with successive relegations, only stopping when they were down in Level 7, one below the Blue Square North/South and in the 7 more seasons of that save I played they didn't even start to recover.

So, can anybody top that?

Andy Johnson wouldn't stop scoring against me in my Man City FM09 save, literally was the guy that ended my cleansheet runs every bloody time! I would go 11 games without conceeding a goal, then we would play against him and he would get a brace or something.

So in the end, I bought him for £10m (I don't care about the money) and shoved him in the reserves on a 4 year contract... he pleaded to move, but I refused. In the end, he went on to a Championship side after his 4 year sentence was up.

Pretty evil, but he deserved it. Serves him right for outplaying his real life ability ;)

You didn't seriously play on after you done that did you?

And if you hate Newcastle, why were you managing them for 2 seasons properly in the first place?

Just questions..

I did play the game for a long time after that because it was my fun, not in any way serious, game.

Also, I managed them seriously for 2 seasons because I was waiting for the Sunderland job to become available and I only wanted to take over Sunderland and I knew that my plan for ruining Newcastle would work best if I waited till I had another job to go to, also, if I had managed them badly I would have been fired and I wouldn't have wanted that to happen.

As the title says really, what is the most evil thing you've ever done in Football Manager?

For me it would probably be what I did on my Sunderland save just after the latest patch was released.

I am from Sunderland and therefore support Sunderland & hate Newcastle, but despite this I took over Newcastle at the start of the game to launch my evil plan.

I did a decent job managing Newcastle finishing in the top 10 for the first 2 seasons. Then a month into the 3rd season the Sunderland job became available so I applied and when I got offered the job I delayed the offer for a week and in that week I:

Arranged a transfer for almost every other player for £0 so that they would leave for nothing right at the start of the next transfer window.

Signed about 30 awful players for £0 upfront but £40m after 1 league appearance.

I left them with 3 players left in the senior squad, none in the reserves and none in the under 18s. They had no transfer money left (I spent it all in pre-season) and so couldn't sign any new players in the January transfer because they had no money left, and as a result they would be forced to play the people that I had signed for them, with each player costing them £40m the second they step on the pitch.

The end result of all of this was that Newcastle plumetted down the league with successive relegations, only stopping when they were down in Level 7, one below the Blue Square North/South and in the 7 more seasons of that save I played they didn't even start to recover.

genius, i love this hahaha.

Never done anything quite that evil, most would just be firing a hole players into the reserves on a super intense training schedule or a nothing schedule and let them rot after theyve requested a move and i let them sign for someone next season.

I know a boy that got offered the city job in 08 or 09 i think the chairman offered him £86million of something to spend. when he got there he was given £0 so he released everyone and sold people for nothing similar to yourself then resigned lol

I brought Robbie Savage and Emile Heskey put them in the youth team, Made them unavailable for the Reserves and left them to rot until they had a year left. Played them for a little while then signed them on a new contract and did the same again. Repeated this until they both retired!

Also on an old CM i was playing as United and sweeping all aside with Pablo Aimar as the main part of my team. Inter came in with a bid and it was back at the time where the bidding system was reject and they would keep coming back with better offers. I managed to get them to pay 112 Million for him in the end. got a message saying that Inter were in financial trouble and that all offers would be considered and offered them 7 million for none other than Aimar. Brought him back and left them 105 Million worse off!

Oh yeh. I've done that with players lol.

Some young players especially if they agree terms with another club to join at the end of the season.

Special training routine of excessive training and stuck in the reserves lol.

Ef them

Can't remember the version, but it was around the time of roy keane and his assault on Alfe Haaland.

I started a new game and immediately gave him an 18 month global ban, then when he was due to return, gave him a series of career threatening injuries until he retired.

Fully justified.

Can't remember the version, but it was around the time of roy keane and his assault on Alfe Haaland.

I started a new game and immediately gave him an 18 month global ban, then when he was due to return, gave him a series of career threatening injuries until he retired.

Fully justified.

I bet he's rolling around his mansion in torment reading this lol

That is gonna be hard to top i feel.

With every new version I like to copy the scenario created by Kipfish a few years ago. With FM11 I did it slightly differently. On top of the usual wonderkids and team I decided to add a few tweaks of my own. Like macca72, I have a rather stong dislike (some might call it outright hatred) for Roy Keane. I went into the Ipswich team and amended every player and staff member (except for the chairman - I didn't want him fired immediately) so that they had a 100% dislike of Roy Keane and ticked the permanent box too. I then also added a 100% dislike of him to every single premiership, championship and top league teams in Spain, France, Germany, Holland and Italy; again permanent.

I then amended Man Ure. I turned all of the board members into Man U obsessed fans, but with zero ability. I gave the club zero money, removed all of their financial sponserships, reduced their wage budget by 75% and made every single player dislike (100%) Gary Neville, Berbatov and Nani. I even added Phil Neville to the list of Gary haters. I reduced their reputation down to 4000 and gave them a min support of 5000, an average of 15000 and max of 20,000

I then started the game up and went on holiday. I loved watching both teams implode. I unreservedly apologise to any Ipswich fan; I have nothing at all against your team, you just happened to have Roy Keane at the helm then.

Within a few weeks 80% of both teams were unhappy. Half of the Ipswich players wanted to leave and it wasn't long before rumours of unrest hit the press. Roy was gone by Christmas. Before dropping out the game he was at some lowly Turkish team, failing miserably.

As for Man Ure they fell quickly into free fall. As I hadn't put them into debt at the start, I avoided them going into receivership; keeping the current board in charge. The players fell out, most were sold to balance the books and some left. I took most pleasure from reading the personal thoughts of the players. Pretty much everyone of them had an issue of some sort with Gary Neville. He was soon dumped into the reserves and put up for sale. No one would buy him, he never played again, retired at the end of the season and was never seen again. I had hoped that he would become a manager, so that I could take over a team, enjoy slagging him off to the press and take even greater delight as my team thrashed his. I was sadly denied this pleasure, but seeing Keane and Man Ure fail was still great fun. Last I looked at this game, they were in the Northern Premiership averaging 5000 fans and still at Old Trafford :)

You didn't seriously play on after you done that did you?

And if you hate Newcastle, why were you managing them for 2 seasons properly in the first place?

Just questions..

I am lost with that idea aswell.

I could never think of managing my rivals. Or buying any of there players...or ex players for that matter.

Most evil thing I did: Offering my youth player with 2 years on his contract a 1 year contract with a minor wage hike so that I could release him on a free for less than I'd have to pay on the old contract.

Not that evil, but you'd be smarting if it happened to you IRL...

I don't personally see the appeal in running your rivals into the ground as manager/using the editor. I'd hardly call that evil, more obsessed. It's much more fun to get one over them by beating them fair and square in the game.

I had a world class team at Man City with C Ronaldo Tevez Messi Inisesta Alves and many others and had won all competitions in the last 3 years undefeated. I had a game against Nottingham F. and i lost. Angry i replayed and i lost again!! And again and again until i downloaded FMRTE made all their players stats condition low as possible add the club massive debt won the game 13-0( i was screaming from joy during the match like a 10 year old) and by the end of the season they were relegated.

I had a world class team at Man City with C Ronaldo Tevez Messi Inisesta Alves and many others and had won all competitions in the last 3 years undefeated. I had a game against Nottingham F. and i lost. Angry i replayed and i lost again!! And again and again until i downloaded FMRTE made all their players stats condition low as possible add the club massive debt won the game 13-0( i was screaming from joy during the match like a 10 year old) and by the end of the season they were relegated.

Is that how you went 3 years undefeated in the 1st place?

Setting the tackling to hard on opposition players who are around ~80% fitness in the hope of injuring them. Or letting one or two high potential youths rot in reserves undeveloped simply because I had better players. I'm a career ruiner! :-(

A rival manager got the national job before me. The guy's team had never finished above me or won a manager of the year award. So I created new managers and the guy was out of a job for a couple months. Yeah, cheating but the game cheated me first and that rival punk deserved it

I tried to ruin my most hated club Liverpool I refused to play the first team and used the youth team instead the club was already struggling financially so I helped it a bit further got them put in to administration the club dropped into the relegation zone, so far so good, but then they got bought by a tycoon who brought his own ideas and visions for the club namely sacking me so it all backfired they also managed to survive even with the 10 point deduction the following year they went on to pip me to the league title. Karma's a bitch.

I tried to ruin my most hated club Liverpool I refused to play the first team and used the youth team instead the club was already struggling financially so I helped it a bit further got them put in to administration the club dropped into the relegation zone, so far so good, but then they got bought by a tycoon who brought his own ideas and visions for the club namely sacking me so it all backfired they also managed to survive even with the 10 point deduction the following year they went on to pip me to the league title. Karma's a bitch.

Thats pretty fantastic.

I was managing Juventus in 2014, and i had the league won with about 4 games to go. Somewhere along the line, Roma became utter useless and were in the relegation zone on the last day of the season, the safe team above them was Bologna, who just happened to be playing me on the last day of the season. Now it wasnt that i disliked Roma, i just wanted to see a big team go down, so i put out a team that was a complete utter shambles, goalkeeper in forward positions kinda thing. I got beaten 3-0 by Bologna and down went Roma and the bidding wars erupted.......Menez, De Rossi, Brighi....all the big players left for peanuts during the transfer window and 2 seasons later they are still fighting it out in Serie B

Accepted the Man United job. :O

Can't say I've took the job at the stadium of plight on FM yet, but me being a Newcastle fan I suppose doing the same thing and ruining 5under1and would be a good idea. You make it sound so fun lol.

Archived