Am I the only person who has figured out a major error in FM2011?

The major error is the squad registration rules. It states in the game that you must register 25 players before the end of the transfer window if you are in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 and they cannot be changed until January. Well this is inaccurate for the Football League because if you take a player on loan outside of the transfer window in FM2011 you can't play him but of course in the real game clubs take players on loan outside of the window and they can be played, and also the same applies to free agents too, and in FM2011 you cant play free agents if you sign them outside of transfer window also.

I'm hoping this will be resolved, because its annoying, espically if you need to bring someone in if you have a lot of injuires. I apologise if someone has made SI aware of this but i dont have the time to look at all of the forums to look for this.

Also are SI going to resolve this issue? Is anyone aware of that?

The major error is the squad registration rules. It states in the game that you must register 25 players before the end of the transfer window if you are in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 and they cannot be changed until January. Well this is inaccurate for the Football League because if you take a player on loan outside of the transfer window in FM2011 you can't play him but of course in the real game clubs take players on loan outside of the window and they can be played, and also the same applies to free agents too, and in FM2011 you cant play free agents if you sign them outside of transfer window also.

I'm hoping this will be resolved, because its annoying, espically if you need to bring someone in if you have a lot of injuires. I apologise if someone has made SI aware of this but i dont have the time to look at all of the forums to look for this.

Also are SI going to resolve this issue? Is anyone aware of that?

You're missing one thing.

In reality, loan signings and free transfers, signed outside of the transfer window, can only be played if the team that signs them has enough space in their squad to register the player.

I would assume that you left no space in your list of registered players before making the signing.

This is correct. If you have 19 spaces submitted, you can ADD to that total up to 25 players, but you cannot TAKE AWAY any of them. So if you submit a squad of 19 on 31st August, you can add up to 6 loanees or free transfers. But if you submit 25 players and then sign a loanee striker, you can't take your donkey away and add the decent loanee.

Also I believe you can play any player u-21 so if you take a 20 year old on loan you don't need to register him at all anyway

Correct. I had a few injuries to key players and registered 25 players but I had some very good reserve players under 21 so I used them instead. Without having to register them.

Archived