Advice requested

Hi folkes

A big problem ive had for a number of FM's now, its simple really nothing major. My tactics are great for most teams and usually over achieve. However i struggle to play if i dnt have a decent wage/transfer budget. I usually make misjudges financial based sales and even worse replacement buys.

With money i seem to sign perfect and keep well within wage budget,

Can anyone offer me advice please.

take more time when signing a player. look at your existing squad first. do you have too many players in one position? consider retraining them to play another role. aim to have 2 players for each position.

do you have a lot of youths/reserves? loan them out to save wages or try to sell the dead wood. it might not bring in a lot, but it will help.

scout developing countries. i've found good players in africe, bosnia, poland, and other places where transfer values are a lot less than england/spain/italy.

if you have a lot of players with potential, invest on more/better coaches/facilities as this could save you money in the long run.

most importantly, be tight with your money. if you want to sign a player you have no intention of selling then offer the selling club a sell-on fee to bring the transfer fee down and offer the player numerous clauses that they will never trigger. offer a left back a bonus after scoring 20 goals, or offer german/dutch nationals (if you havent reactivated their national teams) bonuses after international appearances.

Hi folkes

A big problem ive had for a number of FM's now, its simple really nothing major. My tactics are great for most teams and usually over achieve. However i struggle to play if i dnt have a decent wage/transfer budget. I usually make misjudges financial based sales and even worse replacement buys.

With money i seem to sign perfect and keep well within wage budget,

Can anyone offer me advice please.

As a seasone LLM, you seem to be falling into the usual trap for someone who hasnt quite got the experiance yet. When you are a lower team and have a small budget etc, you need to pay alot more attention to the stats. Its all to easy to click the "approach to sign" button, he looks ok and is free so ill take him. Get 2-3 scout reports on each player, get them to watch the games rather than a report card, also try right clicking on some of your better players and choosing to base a search on his attributes, always helpful.

thanks guys, ill certainly be looking more into this.

I used to always mod databases and go my club (rangers) with a little money i was always pretty good, with just £10M a season to spend i was getting good results.

However this year i went hibs and i signed a number of good scottish talents on my 250K, ofloaded the higher waged players who i felt i could replace on a lesser wage and the team just crumbled, my first ever sacking.

Archived