Goalkeeper problem

ive got 2 main goalies .. martin hansen is out injusred and my other one decided to go to africa to play for benin in some qualifying games why isnt club more important!!!!!!! ive not got a 17 year old in goal for 2 games who shouldnt even be playing football notts county are about to have the game of their life 3 goals in 26 mins wat a joke

CLUB !! every day of the week they pay me .. i've fined him a week wages if his not playing for me his not getting paid!

For real? Oh, that's gonna come back and bite you on the ass. Just pray his club team-mates aren't close mates of his.

If you are a full professional, you would definitely chose club, because they are the ones paying you. Considering his situation, the 2nd GK would never go away on international duty if he would be a pro. But yes, it's FIFA's fault, I also have some hard time when my African players are taking to the African Cup of Nations, so I just pray for them to come home as soon as possible.

If you are a full professional, you would definitely chose club, because they are the ones paying you. Considering his situation, the 2nd GK would never go away on international duty if he would be a pro. But yes, it's FIFA's fault, I also have some hard time when my African players are taking to the African Cup of Nations, so I just pray for them to come home as soon as possible.

You would definitely choose club? They pay you even if you go and play for your country so most would definitely choose country in this situation.

exactly gourcuff20 mate im the one paying him i should come first anyway. yup i fined him a weeks wages selling him in jan now i know where his loyalties are

I recommend you don't buy any international players in future. And as I said, be prepared for the backlash from the rest of your team for unfairly fining their team-mate. And before you protest, yes, it was an unfair fine.

sjmclean mate if im a big club like man utd ok thats fine go play for your country for 6 months i dont care but when youve got limited resources he shudve stayed his rotting in the reserves now!

I don't know what you do in real life, but I'm glad you're not my boss!

you wouldnt have a choice, if your country wants you to play in a competitive game, then you have to go, simple as, unless your injured your only other option is to retire from international football.

iirc retirement is only a gentlemans agreement not to pick the player. didn't makelele have this problem a few years ago?

i think in his case there was an understanding he would only get picked for important matches, i think this would be very difficult to relicate in FM, anyway this would be classed as an important match for Benin, they are a tiny nation.

update on the keeper now im in JAN hes been sold to notts county and warming the bench up..i kept fining him so didn't pay him at all from sept to jan .. now he'll think twice before going away on international duty.. and btw my squad still love me seems the keeper wasnt popular lol

You know it just seems very petty that you would fine a player for playing for his Country. Despite the fact that it isn't his fault but it is FIFA's fault as has been stated several times due to the fact that unless a player either decides to retire from international football or has sustained an Injury then said player must present himself for International duty if called up for competitive matches. a player can decide not to play in friendlies however.

A player for a country like Benin or any nation really feels an enormous amount of pride in being called up for his country and would pick his Nation over the Club he plays for even if he was a bench warmer or came back from every set of internationals injured. For an example of this see Jamie Redknapp who despite numerous injuries while on England duty still reported for every set of games that he was called up for, Friendly or not.

You know it just seems very petty that you would fine a player for playing for his Country. Despite the fact that it isn't his fault but it is FIFA's fault as has been stated several times due to the fact that unless a player either decides to retire from international football or has sustained an Injury then said player must present himself for International duty if called up for competitive matches. a player can decide not to play in friendlies however.

A player for a country like Benin or any nation really feels an enormous amount of pride in being called up for his country and would pick his Nation over the Club he plays for even if he was a bench warmer or came back from every set of internationals injured. For an example of this see Jamie Redknapp who despite numerous injuries while on England duty still reported for every set of games that he was called up for, Friendly or not.

this tbh, covered it all x)

sjmclean mate if im a big club like man utd ok thats fine go play for your country for 6 months i dont care but when youve got limited resources he shudve stayed his rotting in the reserves now!

Regardless of your club stature playing for your country is the biggest honour. (assuming you are english) If you were playing for Crewe and big Fab called you up you wouldn't go?

Doesn't the importance structure go: School, Nation, Regional FA, Club?

I remember back in the 90s when a lad I knew had to play for School over a Crewe Alexandra first team game. He also got in lots of trouble for refusing to turn out for a Cheshire FA game. I can remember being stood in my kit while his Dad was on the phone to Dario Gradi moaning about the FA trying to force him to play in the game.

Archived