Does Steam store Saved games?

As per the thread title... does steam store the saved games?

The reason I ask is, my FM11 laptop recently suffered a hard drive failure so as a result I had to get a brand new hard drive. I installed through steam and play through steam so if I reinstall through steam will I be able to retrieve my game or will I have to go through the process of getting the game file off of the old hard drive?

Thanks in advance

Greig

As per the thread title... does steam store the saved games?

The reason I ask is, my FM11 laptop recently suffered a hard drive failure so as a result I had to get a brand new hard drive. I installed through steam and play through steam so if I reinstall through steam will I be able to retrieve my game or will I have to go through the process of getting the game file off of the old hard drive?

Thanks in advance

Greig

Unfortunately it doesn't.

Steam Cloud doesn't work with Football Manager due to the size of the save games. Steam Cloud is only compatible with games where the save game size is less than 100mb, while most FM saves are larger than that.

Are you sure it was the hard drive that failed? The info is likely to be intact. When you buy your new laptop make sure it has an expansion slot of another hard drive, then get the technician to put the old drive in as a secondary drive, you should be able to retrieve your files + you'll have a back up drive on your computer now.

Archived