Tactics are useless ! Technical ability ?!!

The game is still very bad tactically and still very bad in determining and applying technical atributtes.

I played the same game twice, the same tactics the same players and different results. Ball posession does not exist in this game, or basically if u assemble a bunch of technically good players, with creativity and flair, still the team with faster players get the posession. Also, why do older players become "Stupid" as they get older ??

Cause I understand they loose in physical atributes but why the mental ones ? People become sinile after 70 not after 30.

Please try to make a more European version of the this game, or a more realistic version of it. If u guys had help from actuall tacticians and from actuall coaches in placing the personal attributes, than u have hired the wrong people !

One last thing, the transfer market, is not the same everywhere, this is a very English way of doing things, very straight foward and to the point. In italy for example, there's a lot more discussions and deals that come in to place,and a lot of IOUs ! If I remember correctly , that's how Moggi bought Ibrahimovic from Ajax!

There's a lot more work needed,

but more importantly tactically and the attributes of the players.

can i ask what you have done to try and hold the ball etc? I find that by playing control, and slowing down the tempo and setting passes to short and direct, with a good technical side you can pretty much have 60% possession as a minimum.

I agree that too many of the mental stats drop too quickly.

I definitely agree with the OP. Everything seems so... random.

After being with a down streak (3 or 4 games losing), I tried some weird tactics, like 4-1-2-3, with 1 central midfielder, 2 offensive mid. and 3 forwards, everything straight forward, all normal (mentality, tempo, whatever), same thing to players (even their roles), and I did get some wonderful results.

In 3 games with that tactic, with Napoli, I won against Fiorentina, Palermo and Genoa, only conceded 1 goal (from a penalty), and scored 7 goals. In overall my team played very well, dominating the games with >50% ball possession at least, creating clear cut chances, and they're surprisingly very good defending, even if I didn't had a defensive midfielder and only 1 central mid.

1. It's football, it's a sport, it has an element of randomness in it. If you want your strategy to work exactly the way you want it, go play chess. Even then your opponent can use different strategies to beat yours, so no game is the same.

2. About ball possession, it's your tactic. I've seen people in the Tactics & Training forum with high % of ball possession. Also, even if you have great technique and pass the ball really well, the opponent can steal the ball by being stronger/faster and getting to the ball before you, simply outrun/outmuscle/outjump you. You should try playing real football sometimes.

3. I agree that mental attributes should improve more with old age. So far I haven't fully understand the aging mechanism. Is it a direct decrease in CA or a decrease in training level that leads to certain attributes drop?

4. Transfers vary among every nation, like in South America, there's a lot of third party involvement. I'd prefer the game's transfer system to stay simple; any addition to reflect the transfer system in every country will be a mess. The addition of agents this year has already been a pain in the ass.

Im sorry to hear that. I have no problem getting over 60% possession in fact I just got 74% against copenhagen and I was playing with a half strength squad.

Do you honestly believe if you play the same match twice you will get the same result? That is impossible.

Barca doesn't have a fast midfield but people are able to dominate possession on a consistent basis.

I've dominated possession with riquelme and beckham as CMs in a 4-3-3.

In fact there's a thread about possession:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234991-FM11-A-thread-for-POSSESSION-mad-managers

If you are having issues, ask for help....hopefully you will get an answer.

The game is still very bad tactically and still very bad in determining and applying technical atributtes.

I played the same game twice, the same tactics the same players and different results. Ball posession does not exist in this game, or basically if u assemble a bunch of technically good players, with creativity and flair, still the team with faster players get the posession. Also, why do older players become "Stupid" as they get older ??

Cause I understand they loose in physical atributes but why the mental ones ? People become sinile after 70 not after 30.

Please try to make a more European version of the this game,or a more realistic version of it. If u guys had help from actuall tacticians and from actuall coaches in placing the personal attributes, than u have hired the wrong people !

One last thing, the transfer market, is not the same everywhere, this is a very English way of doing things, very straight foward and to the point. In italy for example, there's a lot more discussions and deals that come in to place,and a lot of IOUs ! If I remember correctly , that's how Moggi bought Ibrahimovic from Ajax!

There's a lot more work needed,

but more importantly tactically and the attributes of the players.

what is this drivel? tactics are sound for the most part, if you cant get them to work then seek help and advice on the matter, dont make stupid comments like ball possesion does not exist lol.

as for the mental attributes in some cases i can see why they would go down, hagreaves crashed like a rock in my werder game at 34. dont forget natural fitness affects this, also as for the comment about players becoming "senile" calm down take a step back and think of it a different way, ofcourse mental atts can go down, since you didnt specify which ones consider this:

things like bravery aggression, play becomes older is more mature/doesnt want to risk injury to his brittle aging legs so he has less agression/bravery.

more tactical attributes like off ball/positioning/team work/ work rate/determination etc may all suffer because he is losing interest and doesnt have that"hunger" he did when he was 25

I have never in my life heard of an IOU in a football transfer. Transfer deals always involve cash be it in one payment or a structured de, payment over a period of time or a loan arrangement with agreement to pay at the end of the year. but never a "I'll take him from you now and IOU, just give me a call sometime maybe I can come help you paint or move house or something then we will call it quits"

As for possesion I have no problem I often have at least 60% of possession I even had that with Blackburn on my current save and they are pretty poor I had the possession though because I play with tactics and a formation that is tailored to the players available to me, That's how football works you build around your strengths you can't expect to play like Barca with a bunch of talentless donkeys who can only hoof a ball.

If u guys had help from actuall tacticians and from actuall coaches in placing the personal attributes, than u have hired the wrong people !

I particularly like this bit. Ray Houghton has helped SI with the designing of the tactical system in FM. I suspect he's more qualified than you to determine whether the tactics system is accurate.

I particularly like this bit. Ray Houghton has helped SI with the designing of the tactical system in FM. I suspect he's more qualified than you to determine whether the tactics system is accurate.

no no he is a paying customer remember, he MUST be right about this.......................LOL

I dont know who Ray Houghton is, cause I am not english, but just to remind you guys, when was the last time and english manager won anything ?

The tactics here are a bit old english style.

Anyway, i am not here to argue with anybody, dont really have the time, i just wanted to make my point to the SI people about my concerns for the game. I enjoy playing it and and would like it if it was made better , to what i think is better.

Btw, didn't Mou used to play this game with his son and he would always loose ?? :)) Just making a "tactical point! "

... and i am not a paying costumer !

I have never in my life heard of an IOU in a football transfer. Transfer deals always involve cash be it in one payment or a structured de, payment over a period of time or a loan arrangement with agreement to pay at the end of the year. but never a "I'll take him from you now and IOU, just give me a call sometime maybe I can come help you paint or move house or something then we will call it quits"

As for possesion I have no problem I often have at least 60% of possession I even had that with Blackburn on my current save and they are pretty poor I had the possession though because I play with tactics and a formation that is tailored to the players available to me, That's how football works you build around your strengths you can't expect to play like Barca with a bunch of talentless donkeys who can only hoof a ball.

I understand, but I wrote above, that this is a very english way of doing business, very straight foward, it doesn't happen the same all over the world, do u know how transfers are done in Italy ? Its not all so straight foward. I think the best thing to do is lower the price demands, unless it is a world star, otherwise eveyrone is transferable and at considerable prices.

1. It's football, it's a sport, it has an element of randomness in it. If you want your strategy to work exactly the way you want it, go play chess. Even then your opponent can use different strategies to beat yours, so no game is the same.

2. About ball possession, it's your tactic. I've seen people in the Tactics & Training forum with high % of ball possession. Also, even if you have great technique and pass the ball really well, the opponent can steal the ball by being stronger/faster and getting to the ball before you, simply outrun/outmuscle/outjump you. You should try playing real football sometimes.

3. I agree that mental attributes should improve more with old age. So far I haven't fully understand the aging mechanism. Is it a direct decrease in CA or a decrease in training level that leads to certain attributes drop?

4. Transfers vary among every nation, like in South America, there's a lot of third party involvement. I'd prefer the game's transfer system to stay simple; any addition to reflect the transfer system in every country will be a mess. The addition of agents this year has already been a pain in the ass.

uahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

No, its not all randomness!! Otherwise everyone would win 1 week and would loose the next, when has Man U lost in the Premier League this season ? just an example. there's more all across europe and around the world.

Look at the title of your opening post - Sometimes I find it amazing what some people post

I had to laugh at the nonesense around IOU's - Who on earth would accept a piece of paper with an IOU on it for millions of £ / Euro etc

Played the same game twice - Is that the extent that you base your statements on

As for the statement about not being a paying customer I'd watch out for a ban

what is this drivel? tactics are sound for the most part, if you cant get them to work then seek help and advice on the matter, dont make stupid comments like ball possesion does not exist lol.

as for the mental attributes in some cases i can see why they would go down, hagreaves crashed like a rock in my werder game at 34. dont forget natural fitness affects this, also as for the comment about players becoming "senile" calm down take a step back and think of it a different way, ofcourse mental atts can go down, since you didnt specify which ones consider this:

things like bravery aggression, play becomes older is more mature/doesnt want to risk injury to his brittle aging legs so he has less agression/bravery.

more tactical attributes like off ball/positioning/team work/ work rate/determination etc may all suffer because he is losing interest and doesnt have that"hunger" he did when he was 25

uahahahahaaa

u have never played football than, or only played fm !

i play sunday league, and i am no less hungrier now than i was 5 years ago. Bravery ok, I give u that, but ,others no. I look at Domenico Morfeo, he's only got Creativity and Flair 16,18 , everything else under 10.

it seems to me that he went senile.., no other explanation.

is ryan gigs less hungrier now ?! or paul scholes ? are they less determined than Carrick or Fletcher ???

ball posession?!

try playin with a midtable team, with Barca and Man u and Chelsea and Milan and so on u will win, but whats the point , that aint no fun, winning with big teams .

guys I havent replied earlier , cause honestly i do not the have time ! the little free time I have i spend it playing the game . anyway nice disucssing these issues with u. i dont think i will be able to reply again cause i dont know if i can .

hopefully some changes can be made, for the better.

the main point i was trying to make is winning even with midtable teams or small ones if u get good players. from what I am readding a lot of people play with big teams only to win.

guys I havent replied earlier , cause honestly i do not the have time ! the little free time I have i spend it playing the game . anyway nice disucssing these issues with u. i dont think i will be able to reply again cause i dont know if i can .

hopefully some changes can be made, for the better.

the main point i was trying to make is winning even with midtable teams or small ones if u get good players. from what I am readding a lot of people play with big teams only to win.

Good riddance. your clearly here to wind people up, People give you advice you think you know best though so I wouldn't really bother coming on here if you're not going to listen to people's advice.

And as for you saying we know nothing about football I think you will find it's the other way around, IOU's in football don't make me laugh.

Good riddance. your clearly here to wind people up, People give you advice you think you know best though so I wouldn't really bother coming on here if you're not going to listen to people's advice.

And as for you saying we know nothing about football I think you will find it's the other way around, IOU's in football don't make me laugh.

hey go F*** urself dawg.

I didnt do nothing to you and dint offend anyone ! I was being honest about why didnt reply before, u want me to continue discussing ? I dont have the time !

Im sorry to hear that. I have no problem getting over 60% possession in fact I just got 74% against copenhagen and I was playing with a half strength squad.

Do you honestly believe if you play the same match twice you will get the same result? That is impossible.

Barca doesn't have a fast midfield but people are able to dominate possession on a consistent basis.

I've dominated possession with riquelme and beckham as CMs in a 4-3-3.

In fact there's a thread about possession:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234991-FM11-A-thread-for-POSSESSION-mad-managers

If you are having issues, ask for help....hopefully you will get an answer.

tnx for the link

I dont know who Ray Houghton is, cause I am not english, but just to remind you guys, when was the last time and english manager won anything ?

The tactics here are a bit old english style.

Anyway, i am not here to argue with anybody, dont really have the time, i just wanted to make my point to the SI people about my concerns for the game. I enjoy playing it and and would like it if it was made better , to what i think is better.

Btw, didn't Mou used to play this game with his son and he would always loose ?? :)) Just making a "tactical point! "

... and i am not a paying costumer !

The last English Manager to win anything

2010 was when the last English Manager won a major league - Lets see how good your knowledge of football is :D

i had to think about that one for a second!!

uahahahahahahaa

Holland a major league ??!!!

uahahahahaaa

i am trying not to get drawn into arguments anymore but u guys dont wanna leave me alone !

are u talking about the same guy that couldn't qualify England for Euro 2008 ?!! the same guy that lost at home to croatia who was already qualified ?

hahahahaa

i am out .

hey go F*** urself dawg.

I didnt do nothing to you and dint offend anyone ! I was being honest about why didnt reply before, u want me to continue discussing ? I dont have the time !

No, but you are accusing people of never played a game of football and you seem only to care for your own opinion as what ever someone says you come back with this attitude and laughing at people in the sense that you know best and you know everything but you don't and the sooner you accept that the better you will fair in life. Oh and swearing at me will only get you banned from these forums which after reading your only other thread might be best.

Oh and swearing at me only proves your limited intellect and that you lost the argument as you have had to retort to insults and name calling - well done you.

Go find a new forum to troll about on.

Archived