Help Needed!

I still havn't had many conclusive answers, so i'll try again. Basically, the FM11 match engine turns slow and juddery after the patches have been downloaded. Without the patchs the game is complelely fine! The FM11 demo worked absolutely fine as did all of FM versions. This laptop is only 3months ish old, so obviously has decent specifications.

People have kept saying my driver might need updating, but if this is the case why does FM still work on the same computer, just without the patches? Doesn't make any sense! Would really like to sort this out so I can play the updated version of the game! Again, any help would be very much appreciated!

This laptop is only 3months ish old, so obviously has decent specifications.

Im afraid that simply isnt true. I can go and buy hundreds of brand new laptops that arent capable of playing the game properly, equally I can find many 4+ year old computers that can manage it fine.

Whats the specs of your computer, to start with, then lets look at what else could be the issue.

Well that might be your problem - In the system requirements the game is stated to require a minimum of:

Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Your computer has an integrated graphics card and thus might well struggle with the 3d part of the game.

PS - this MIGHT not be the reason, but I susspect it is.

Ok, that might be something I need to look into. I don't actually use 3D tho, the 2D commentary and match engine just end up being sluggish after downloading the patches.

Is there any reason why the laptop may run it smoothly withouth the patches, but with them downloaded slow down?

Archived