The Ultimate 4-2-3-1 Formations for FM2011

Hi could someone please upload (files or links to files already have the tactical theroem with its appendixes (there are no accessible tactics just theories about them).

I would like to collect the best 4 2 3 1 tactics/formations in this thread

It should be 4-2-3-1 (also known as Lyon formation since they made it famous) but played during the last 3 years by most teams. My 4-2-3-1 Is probably I mixture between Mourinho's Real style, and Arsenal's style I wish I could say Barcelona (but I seriously doubt the game-engine is complex enough to do justice to Barca's total tiki-taka football).

The key to this formation in Defense is shoring up the Center with the Central Defenders and DMC creating an almost unpenetrable "box of doom". There are 3 AMC either all three Central or one central and three wide (I prefer three central) since I let the achilles heal to this formation be the opposistion full backs when they are deep in their own half. Otherwise there is pretty much pressure (closing down) on all other opposistion defensivley. Attacking wise it relies a lot on the element of surprise (counter attacks) to come forward with the attacker and a myriad of runs and interpostions changes from the Attacking midfielders. short quick passing to create 2-1 situations with the opposistion defense.

The Forward should be a counter attacking poacher, score most of his goals with the feet inside the area, by either clinical finishing or rounding the player.

Since it might be difficult to explain the essense of the formation I've uploaded 4 of my best tacitical formations from FM2008 (for those of you who still have the game and are able to load it) feel free to look at it if you think it might help you in guiding me to finding the optimal tactic in this game.

There are for tactical formations in the zipped file

1. Gremio Standard Youth

The basis for all my future formations. First designed for youth teams with limited freedom and creativity. Prooved extremley efficient in

defense and counter attacking. Perfect for away games and the counter. The Tactic employs 4-1dm-1mc(downward arrow), 3AMC (Left AMClef arrow,

AMC central downward arrow, and AMC right right arrow).

2. Gremio Attack Youth

Similar to stadnard one but with more attacking instructions and more push up for the defensive line. Fullbacks are given very attacking instructions

in exchange both Defensive midfielders are in the DMC position.

3. Reds Pressure Swarm. I tactic I had to tweak and redo when my Liverpool team was having troubles on some of their travels against teams from

technical leagues (Ajax, Barcelona). 4-2-3-1 very attacking both DMC are at MC positions. Revolves about cracking down on the opposition and not

giving them a single breather trying to break the ball high up and then take advantage of their unorganization.

4. SP Slowpass Experiment: Designed after I got the points record in the Sao Paolo Championship and won the Libertadores and some team started employing

very conservative tactics against my team usually not even getting a single shot on goal. This is a possesion tactic employed against weaker team

to take advantage of the creative and technical superiority of your players revolves around individual flashes of brilliance against teams that

"park the bus" infron of goal.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/VEHFnUV

So Can someone please upload their best 4-3-2-1 formation

What I am looking for is a formation similar to that of Real Madrid this season employed by Mourinho (but with less focus on crosses) or something

similar to the style that Arsenal play. The Important is that in Defense it is very condensed a play with a pacey backline that can be pushed up.

And 3 Attacking midfielders starting out quite centrally to make attacks through the middle virtually impossible.

These sort of threads are frowned upon Sutnop.

Check the forum rules:

Threads asking for tactics or training schedules will be closed.

The best 4-2-3-1 tactic will be the one that suits the players you have at your disposal anyway!

Why not create your own 4-2-3-1 using the Tactics Creator.

Try this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/129647-4-2-3-1-Formation - lots of great ideas there. :thup:

Here is a thread you may find useful.

In it, CapEm has ripped the Wenger and Mourinho formations and player instructions from the game (the actual SI ones) along with a narrow 4-2-3-1 as employed by Mihajlovic with Fiorentina.

They need a few tweaks to defensive line, tempo, width etc, but they may be good starting points for you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245157-The-Real-Arsenal-(SI-version)

These sort of threads are frowned upon Sutnop.

Check the forum rules:

The best 4-2-3-1 tactic will be the one that suits the players you have at your disposal anyway!

Why not create your own 4-2-3-1 using the Tactics Creator.

Try this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/129647-4-2-3-1-Formation - lots of great ideas there. :thup:

We had this discussion on a previous thread. I got your tactical theroem read the first 20% of it and somewhere in the introduction/foreward I understood it was not for me. LEt me give you a direct quote.

egitimate. But for those who would rather play a game like this need read no further. Tactical Theorems is a guide on how to manage a football simulation, designed to mimic the tactics and the role of a real life manager in as “realistic” a way as possible; not to learn how to code a computer game to achieve the best possible results.

That is what I'm looking for.

The only other game I really play is Rome TW

there are no shortage of guides/tutorial to the best battle tactics or various buggs to dominate in the game against the AI same should apply here.

To use the old proverb:

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish he feeds himself for a lifetime

I don't have time to learn the "art of fishing" (designing your own tactics) I just want to be fed the best Japansese tuna (a killer tactic)

Here is a thread you may find useful.

In it, CapEm has ripped the Wenger and Mourinho formations and player instructions from the game (the actual SI ones) along with a narrow 4-2-3-1 as employed by Mihajlovic with Fiorentina.

They need a few tweaks to defensive line, tempo, width etc, but they may be good starting points for you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245157-The-Real-Arsenal-(SI-version)

Thank you looks interesting!

Try this:

http://www.filefront.com/17844517/King-Mourinho-Manchester-U-Aug-2010.tac/

Minimum Pitch Size

Always use Team Blend

Let your A.Manager do the OI

To give you an example witch players u should use:

Casillias

Cassani-Rami(best header)-Pepe-Balzaretti

X.Alonso-Khedira

Crisitano-Özil-Vargas

J.Hernandez

and so on....

Deffenders with good Pace

RCB - best header

Right Winger - good finishing

Striker - good Pace and finishing

Sorry for bad English.

I also want to say that i think that 4-3-3/4-5-1 works better then 4-2-3-1, at least for me in FM11.

Thanks will try all the tactics also found some other tactics thanks to people's links after trying them out I will probably make a zip file where I can post the best ones in the OP inorder to make this thread more useful :)

miranda

I have not played with it alot but i hope that sutnop tries it and maybe makes it better. I just wanted to give him a good base to work on. However, i have had nice results with it 6-0, 5-0, 4-0 and so on but it is with Man U. I am currently working on another type of tactic.

Hi Guys just a quick update I am currently using Franklins 4-6-0 With River Plate beat Independiente (who should be a stronger side) I am using a pre patched version of 2011.

The game is very new to me and so far I've been struggling with implementing the pre season trainign regime of Raver.

Audhusd I will try your tactic out eventually but as this game engine is more sensitive to switching tactics around my players still need to learn this one.

I recommend however that you try 4-6-0 By Franklin I find it very intruging since there has been the debate about the eventual dissapperance of the striker

Reverting to a 4-2-4 (but instead of the final 4 being forwards it begin 4 attacking midfielders)

Here the AMCR is can be schooled back to a forward.

So in effect you will have a 4-2-3-1....

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/251776-Franklin%C2%B4s-4-6-0-tactic-(Patch-11.2)

Here is the link a download link can be found in the first or second post of the thread :)

Archived