Capacity and attendance doesn't correspond

I control Dordrecht and the clubpage says my ground capacity is 15000. Yet I've never had more than around 3000 spectators, even against the likes of Juventus and Bayern Munchen in the Champions league. Hence I reckon the 15000 figure is a typo and that the real in-game capacity is around 3000, something that corresponds better with the reality.

Trust me I'm a Tranmere Rovers fan - our stadium is 16,000 and we are lucky if we get 5,000 a game at the moment. The last time we sold out a game was probably against Liverpool in the 2001 FA Cup Quarter Final.

So it's not totally unrealistic. But you would expect more for the CL.

I agree, some attendance figures are shocking. Im in season 2021 with York city, won prem 6 years running along with champions league and at least one domestic cup per season and my attendance is around 9000 a game. This is after building my stadium from 7000 at the start to now 23000.

Also in the PSP version im Darlington with a 25,000 seater stadium. I played Chelsea at home in the 3rd round of FAC whilst in the blue square premier and 3200 turned up!!

I've noticed something similar with my games. I tend to pick smaller clubs and can appreciate that in the first few seasons, attendances will be low but despite promotion, cup success and europe, my attendances never improve to the level you'd expect. I also wonder whether attendances having any actual bearing on the finances for your club i.e. bigger attendances contribute to better transfer and wage budgets. If they do then this potential issue needs to be looked at.

Trust me I'm a Tranmere Rovers fan - our stadium is 16,000 and we are lucky if we get 5,000 a game at the moment. The last time we sold out a game was probably against Liverpool in the 2001 FA Cup Quarter Final.

So it's not totally unrealistic. But you would expect more for the CL.

Tranmere :D Shame their crap :(

I control Dordrecht and the clubpage says my ground capacity is 15000. Yet I've never had more than around 3000 spectators, even against the likes of Juventus and Bayern Munchen in the Champions league. Hence I reckon the 15000 figure is a typo and that the real in-game capacity is around 3000, something that corresponds better with the reality.

Hi Casadetucuman.

Can I just ask, is this occuring on the iPhone version? If so, did you request for your stadium to be expanded?

We are aware of these issues with attendance intelligence and have improved them for the next update.

I had an Issue like this. Aldershot vs Bradford City att- 950 WTF! Bradford would take like 300 irl (when winning and in some good form) So an attendance of like 1500 wouldnt go a miss seen as there was over 2000 at last nights game irl (Aldershot vs Bradford). And my Bradford team were top of league so they should have took at least 400. Oh and for home games im getting 9500 for attendances. Seriously, WTF! Top of league, unbeaten all season and cant even break the 10000 mark.

I'm managing Crewe Alexandra at the moment, and due to the effects of Sugar Daddy have managed to turn my team into a team of SUPERSTARS!(Pique,Ozil,,Fabregas, Rooney etc.) Using this team I have gotten 3 consecutive league titles(League 2 to Championship) and two Cup finals(unfortunately losing them both) and on the brink of a fourth title(Premier League). Crewe have a 10000 seater stadium with execellent training facilities(from the start of the game). Despite all that success. I'm only getting about 3k+ per games as it has been since the start of the game( the most i've seen is 6k+ for a cup game). Board Confidence also mentions that the fans are delighted at the club's form. To be honest. I expected the game to take successes and having big name players as part of the attendance count( I mean having juts one of the players I mentioned above in real life for Crewe would most certainly already boost attendances.

Regards

Ivan in Singapore

Hi Casadetucuman.

Can I just ask, is this occuring on the iPhone version? If so, did you request for your stadium to be expanded?

We are aware of these issues with attendance intelligence and have improved them for the next update.

This is occuring on iPhone. I haven't requested to expand the stadium so far because until now I reckoned the capacity was 15000, as the club information states. My best gate ever is 2999. That I had back in the 2nd level as well as on basically all Champions league games.

If you have a capacity of 15000 and you play a Champions league semifinal Manchester United in the suburbs of Rotterdam, there's no way there would only be 2999 if the capacity is 15000. Also makes no sense that the same number of people come to watch a regular 2nd division game as a Champions league semifinal if the capacity actually was higher.

I already saw that you had addressed the attendance intelligence. What I'm trying point out is that the quoted capacity on the club page doesn't correspond with the actual capacity. :)

• SI Staff
If you have a capacity of 15000 and you play a Champions league semifinal Manchester United in the suburbs of Rotterdam, there's no way there would only be 2999 if the capacity is 15000. Also makes no sense that the same number of people come to watch a regular 2nd division game as a Champions league semifinal if the capacity actually was higher.

I agree with this - will look into it for the second update (first is in submission at Apple already).

Archived