Unable to choose own feeder club (Version 11.2.1)

Can anybody confirm if they have been able to choose a club to be a feeder club once they have been given the ability by their board.

By this I mean, you as manager get to choose, not pick from the list of recommendations given by the board.

I have had this a couple of times as Man Utd manager but each time the board says that I can choose a club and I say I would like to do that, nothing happens and I can't choose anyone. Or I am not finding the area I need to go into to choose one.

when you choose that option it means you want to pick from a list of teams, if you let the board do it you will get nothing back until they have found a team and set it up.

There is no option like in FM10 to just pick a team and ask the board to try and set up an affiliate.

I haven't even been able to find a feeder club yet. I keep asking the board but they come back saying they couldn't find anyone suitable.. Then without warning they came out and announced a link with Barnsley as our parent club. :(

when you choose that option it means you want to pick from a list of teams, if you let the board do it you will get nothing back until they have found a team and set it up.

There is no option like in FM10 to just pick a team and ask the board to try and set up an affiliate.

The option as in FM10 is there. When I asked for a feeder club I got a message saying 'That because I had been with the club for so long the board wondered if I would like to be involved in choosing a club to be a feeder.' I selected 'I would like to be involved with that' Normally when asking for a feeder, the board agrees and says they will come back with some options and then you have to wait for their recommendations.

However, I don't get a chance to pick a team as I did in FM10. Nothing seems to happen.

The option as in FM10 is there. When I asked for a feeder club I got a message saying 'That because I had been with the club for so long the board wondered if I would like to be involved in choosing a club to be a feeder.' I selected 'I would like to be involved with that' Normally when asking for a feeder, the board agrees and says they will come back with some options and then you have to wait for their recommendations.

However, I don't get a chance to pick a team as I did in FM10. Nothing seems to happen.

yes but you only get to choose from the list of options they provide, you do not get to choose any club in the world like you could in FM10.

They will usually take a few weeks to come up with a list of suitable clubs.

ill say it again there is no option like in FM10 for you to just choose any club you wanted and ask the board to create a link, when you get the option you stated above, and choose no, the club will just decide for you and let you know when its set up, if you choose yes they will come back with a list of suitable clubs when they have finalised the list and you only get to choose from that list of clubs.

Feeder clubs are broken in FM11, even on 11.2.

This is a pain especially for low league managers, because affiliations with foreigh clubs improve scouting knowledge and generate more results in searches. Unfortunately, the board is rarely able to find a 'suitable club to form a link with'. In my 10 seasons with United of Manchester I managed to get 2 feeder clubs. On FM10 I had 10 feeders within 6 years.

yes but you only get to choose from the list of options they provide, you do not get to choose any club in the world like you could in FM10.

They will usually take a few weeks to come up with a list of suitable clubs.

ill say it again there is no option like in FM10 for you to just choose any club you wanted and ask the board to create a link, when you get the option you stated above, and choose no, the club will just decide for you and let you know when its set up, if you choose yes they will come back with a list of suitable clubs when they have finalised the list and you only get to choose from that list of clubs.

For every Feeder club I have so far, I have always been given a list to choose from assuming the board agrees that a feeder would be worthwhile, the message I got this time was different and asked if I wanted to choose. I am stating that there is a clear difference in the messages indicating that I should be able to go out and choose any club in the world.

For every Feeder club I have so far, I have always been given a list to choose from assuming the board agrees that a feeder would be worthwhile, the message I got this time was different and asked if I wanted to choose. I am stating that there is a clear difference in the messages indicating that I should be able to go out and choose any club in the world.

there is no option to choose any club in the world any more. you can only choose from the list they give you.

there is no option to choose any club in the world any more. you can only choose from the list they give you.

If that is the case then fair enough. Why then do they ask if I want to be involved in choosing, when they didn't before and yet I still had to choose from a list they recommended?

• 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm that this is broken, just experienced it myself.

You go to the board as normal and ask for a feeder club.

Board: As you've been with us a while, would you like to choose the feeder club?

Me: Yes, this is something I'd like to get involved with.

Board: We will contact you shortly with how you can go about choosing the feeder club.

A few weeks later, I get a message saying they can't find any clubs to form links with.

Now, surely, the option to get involved with choosing a feeder club is either utterly pointless as it bumps you through the same thing as before you get the option or it's utterly broken.

Sorry, you're misunderstanding or are incorrect. No matter which option you pick when you ask for a feeder club the board gives you a list. That's not what is intended.

I thought I would add a couple of images to show what I was meaning regarding the broken feeder club situation.

This is what the board say when I ask about a new feeder now - note the part that says "Would you like to pick a specific club"

screenshot20110130at221.png

This is my and the boards response. I expect the board to come back to me with a list if successful.

If I had chosen the alternative answer, I should have been able to choose a specific club as stated but I never get the chance.

As you can see from the pic below, when you first start at a club, you only get the option of waiting for the board to come back with options.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really annoying.

I'm at Villa, the year is 2019, the club has a worldwide reputation, it's the best team in England and we've won the Champions League twice in the past 4 years.

I've asked the board several times for a commercial link but they weren't able to find one in 8 years!

At first I thought it was because of my reputation (national when I started), but now I can't find a reasonable explanation.

I have Southampton as a feeder club, it was easy to link with them, so I think the problem is about the commercial link.

Since I'm not the only one having problems with this issue, I ask you, has anyone managed to get a commercial link?

This is really annoying.

I'm at Villa, the year is 2019, the club has a worldwide reputation, it's the best team in England and we've won the Champions League twice in the past 4 years.

I've asked the board several times for a commercial link but they weren't able to find one in 8 years!

At first I thought it was because of my reputation (national when I started), but now I can't find a reasonable explanation.

I have Southampton as a feeder club, it was easy to link with them, so I think the problem is about the commercial link.

Since I'm not the only one having problems with this issue, I ask you, has anyone managed to get a commercial link?

Yes as Man Utd I got 2 commercial links. One in Japan and one in South Africa.

Can anybody confirm if they have been able to choose a club to be a feeder club once they have been given the ability by their board.

By this I mean, you as manager get to choose, not pick from the list of recommendations given by the board.

I have had this a couple of times as Man Utd manager but each time the board says that I can choose a club and I say I would like to do that, nothing happens and I can't choose anyone. Or I am not finding the area I need to go into to choose one.

I can confirm this. You are right!

Why was the option to pick a specific club taken out though?.

I have also had the "would you like to pick a specific club" message and replied yes only to have to wait a few weeks and pick from a list-i was already doing that!!,so why ask again?.

It was alot easier to 'sell' a loan spell to a young South American if you could pick a Spanish side as a feeder team (better league status, 2years residing then Spanish nationality) than it is trying to convince them to go to a team that the game picks for you in Poland/Bulgaria/Romania for 3/4 years.

Im 7years into my present save and ive always been turned down or 'cant find a suitable club' when i ask for a link to expand our profile etc.I have managed to get a link with a Croatian team for work permit regs but i have 2young Argintinian players who refuse to go there so they are sat in my reserves rotting away in training.

I always enjoyed being able to pick a team to link with(it would happen in real life aswell) and was dissapointed to see it not there anymore.

Its a turn for the worst and has taken something away from the game IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived