Jack Rodwell

Sorry, couldn't find a specific thread on him in 'good player guide', maybe he isn't good and i'm wasting my time :)

Anyway, i'm doing well in a Liverpool save but looking at my squad it seems Rodwell would be perfect (my scouts agree, especially Dalglish).

I've had offers accepted but he has no interest in negotiating. Is there anything that can be done to get rival players like Rodwell? I've attempted complimenting him in the press but all i get is "..pinch of salt..."

Am i piddling into the wind or does anyone have any suggestions?

Appreciated in advance, thanks.

maybe win a trophy or two or maybe you wont sign him due to the fact your Liverpool

Yeah, have won a trophy or two and i am Liverpool, that's why i asked if i'm 'piddling into the wind'.

Obviously, some big players like Rooney are never ever going to sign for me, that would just be stupid...but with Rodwell, his team never finish above 7th (on my save), and the Everton-Liverpool rivalry isn't as bad as Utd-Liverpool

Just wondered if anyone thought this one was possible

the Everton-Liverpool rivalry isn't as bad as Utd-Liverpool

Not sure everton fans would agree with that. You might get him, perhaps if his relationship with Everton turns sour. You may well need to be patient for a few seasons and watch what happens. If he's ambitious, he'ss eventually get fed up of not challenging for the title and you might be able to swoop.

the Everton-Liverpool rivalry isn't as bad as Utd-Liverpool

Definitely not the case these days if last Sunday's incident is anything to go by.

Anyway, he's a good lad and would never go to you lot. :)

I think it would be near impossible to get him at a young age and maybe have to get him when he's a lot older but not so wiser.

Archived