"Make Available for Reserves" has disappeared?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Rømer:

As far as I know, it's still there - at the bottom of the popup. But it seems that you can only make Available for Reserves for "the next 5 days". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"As far as you know"?

Could you check please (and are you using 8.0.2 patch? New game or old?)?

It might be a post for the bugs forum if you haven't got the option.

It's definitely not there for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazza:

Just loaded up my patched game and the "available for reserves next 5 days" is still there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Kazza.

How strange? I wonder if it's because I'm in Blue Square North and the reserves fixtures are user arranged?

Works for me, only didn't work when I called up a player from the reserves, lost the ability to temporary put him back there and make him available.

I'm assuming that after a game or two he'd gain the ability to do those options again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HHUK:

Works for me, only didn't work when I called up a player from the reserves, lost the ability to temporary put him back there and make him available.

I'm assuming that after a game or two he'd gain the ability to do those options again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - that was the case in 8.0.1 too - if I move a player to the First Team for 1 week / 1 month etc, then you couldn't move him for a specified duration anywhere else until that time had expired.

That's not what's happening here though.

Also I've progressed over two weeks now (and loaded up an older save from over a month earlier).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So is anyone else playing 8.0.2 in the Blue Square North / South?

Do you have this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am playing 8.0.2 in the Blue Square Premier and "Make available for reserves" disappeared after I installed the new patch.

I started a topic about this for a couple of days ago, but when dafuge answered I thought this option was taken away and replaced by "move for one week".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just a thought, have you actually submitted a team for the reserves league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse my English, I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "submitted a team". In my case, I have submitted friendlies for my reserve-team. That worked fine with 8.0.1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burbian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So is anyone else playing 8.0.2 in the Blue Square North / South?

I am playing 8.0.2 in the Blue Square Premier and "Make available for reserves" disappeared after I installed the new patch.

I started a topic about this for a couple of days ago, but when dafuge answered I thought this option was taken away and replaced by "move for one week". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Burbian - I didn't see your post (you were quick of the mark - I hadn't even downloaded the patch until two days later!). I don't know how I missed it because I searched and clicked through all the screens back to 13th February.

Anyway, your reply is enough to convince me that the "Make Available for Reserves" function has disappeared for clubs that don't have reserve teams in organised competitions.

I suppose I need to post in the bugs forum to get this option reinstated?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brumbies:

I've never played any other league but in England, and before each season it asks if you wish to enter a team into the U18's and reserves. Not sure how it works in the other leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This option isn't available to Blue Square North / South clubs.

It becomes available in the Blue Square Premier (I think) - but I'm not sure if it's open to all clubs or just full-time, fully professional ones.

I do apologise if this seems brash, but what's the use? Make Availabe for Reserves just means your assistant can select your first-teamers for reserve matches, so it would make sense for this option not to be there if there wasn't a reserve competition. If you want to let fringe first-teamers play reserve friendlies you might as well create first-team friendlies for them?

One of the benefits of having Reserve team friendlies is that I can leave my assistant to select the most appropriate squad from those available, which includes giving match experience to my U-18s too.

Setting up a first team friendly may well mean I have to pay appearance, goal and win bonuses to my players too?

Do my regular starters get upset out of being omitted from the friendlies?

Will the games punish me for seemingly chopping and changing my team constantly?

Finally, if your suggestion does provide a feasible workaround, it isn't exactly in the spirit of the game.

The "Make Available" option was there, and now it's gone.

Why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burbian:

I started a topic about this for a couple of days ago, but when dafuge answered I thought this option was taken away and replaced by "move for one week". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wrong.

When you asked, I looked and the option was not there, it is now. I'm guessing there needs to be certain conditions for the option to appear.

Archived