Press Confrences - Do i really need to attend?

Hi everyone just looking for a bit of advice here.

Do i treally need to keep doing these press confrences all the time?

They do my head in!! Same questions all the time :(

Does it affect my team in any way if i send my Assistant Manager to do them? I just want my game to go a bit faster & these seem to just take up a hell of a lot of time,but if they really affect how my team plays in anyway then i'll just do them but hopefully not LOL!!

Any experiences or advice is welcome,thanks.

This thread should really be in genral discussion forum.

But here goes anyway.

I had a West Ham save. In the first season I wanted to get rid of a lot of staff. The board blocked the mutual termination of the AssMans contract as it would cost too much in compensation.

I kept him on and allowed him to do all the press conferences.... I find them boring.

He was brilliant. I didnt have an adverse reaction from any player all season.

Before and After every game, plenty of players had the "PR" green box next to their names.

I'm not sure what the criteria is for coming up with an AssMan with good media handling style, but I think it's to do with hidden stats.

My advice is, let him do all the conferences for a while and see how your players react. If they get *issed off, get rid of him or do the conferences yourself.

they certainly do have an effect, but if you have a good assistant manager it doesnt really matter.

Never seen it been a problem. Played in high and low leagues, varying degree of assistant managers and never a spot of bother.

I think if the assistent has a high motivation attribute, he should do fine on press conferences

I don't think Motivation has much to do with it although I could be wrong.

I think it's more to fo with hidden personality traits or a combination of them like professionalism, sportsmanship, controvesy, tempremant and maybe pressure.

Determination and ambition could also play a part.

I have foiund that good press conferences lead to better morale amongst certain players,. this can be a big help if your team is in trouble or has hit a bad run of form

If you don't bother with the press, your problem will prolly sort itself out eventually but a few choice words on the page page of the morning papers may speed up the process.

Therefore you may go through several seasons not bothering with the press and not noticing an adverse affect.

The game is not perfect by a long way but I dont think SI are so dumb as to add a time consuming aspect to the game if it was totally pointless (There's a lot of coding involved in even something as small as press conferences).

Archived