My dc 42 matches 14goals

well,

the title explains everything...

10-11 of those where from CORNER

now i will attach u the file where u can see the parameters of my player.

i play, as u can see ITALIAN SERIE B...

i really think this is a CORNER BUG!!! wot do u reckon?

>

can u confirm me for sure that this is due to a bug?

i mean, i will deffo change my corner instructions if id know its a bug, i dont like cheating, but if indeed its just some kind of secret ability of my player than i take it as a gift...

does anyonelse have this kind of "problem"?

If every corner is being delivered to the same area and this player is scoring from the same position every time then I think you've stumbled across a weakness in the match engine that can be exploited. I'd imagine it is the same one that others have come across (including myself).

i always order my corner taker to cross to the FAR POST and i always put my dc there...i always put the other dv marking the keeper and 1striker on the NEAR POST but the taker is always ordered to cross the far post.

DEFFO A BUG THEN? should a "mixed" orders fix the problem giving my game much more realism? or is my defender actually a genius when it comes to net the corner kicks.

i must actually say that 4 of the other goals he scored he has been scoring when my free kick taker crosses to BEST HEADER and indeed he scored 4 goals in the process.

I have done the same with several defenders. All they need is great a pretty good jumping attribute, although not always like with my star defender who only has 13 but keeps on scoring on corners. One time with Roma Mexes was my topscorer, but that was in 2010. But this still works. And yes, I would call it the corner bug.

Pass to far post, and have him attack far post. In old days I used to have the other challenge the keeper, but I got lazy with the setup, and still score regularly. It can work with pretty much any strong person, I reckon, as I previously did it with my target man striker.

I have a feeling that scoring goals this way, declines goal in other ways, so I don't think you will score more at the end of the day.

It should not be the players job to ensure that bugs are not exploited. We should not be finding glitches like this in the first place.

Workarounds are not acceptable when you have paid for the game.

As much as we all want the game to be perfect you have to accept this will never be the case. All software has bugs, especially one as complicated & openended as FM.

In terms of workarounds just be glad there is one and that it is such an easy one in this case.

It should not be the players job to ensure that bugs are not exploited. We should not be finding glitches like this in the first place.

Workarounds are not acceptable when you have paid for the game.

Christ its hardly a work around, you just dont set your corners to go to one place all the time, if it really bugs people then its that simple, i have mines set on mixed and never have this problem.

Christ its hardly a work around, you just dont set your corners to go to one place all the time, if it really bugs people then its that simple, i have mines set on mixed and never have this problem.

Exactly. Got mine set to mixed and while I do score a nice amount of corners it's not always the same guy scoring at the far post. He does score a bunch but so do my opponents. A majority of the goals I concede (though I don't concede many) are probably from far post corners being headed in, though perhaps this is just confirmation bias on my part. Last year I think I had 12 goals from corners in the league while Feyenoord had 15.

Don't forget that most (good) human-managed teams score a lot more goals in total than the rest of the teams in their league (eg in my game, I just scored 114 league goals in the EPL, while the best of the rest was around 70 goals). Therefore you would also expect to score more from set pieces (since the game will be coded that approximately a certain % of goals by a team will come from set pieces - PaulC gave the relevant % in the match engine thread but I can't remember what it was exactly) So when you look at the list of highest scoring teams from corners, you should expect to see your own team at the top with (for example) 20 corner goals (out of 100 total = 20%). Go down to the next highest scorers (with 70 total) and you expect to see them with around 13-15 corner goals (14 is 20%), while at the bottom, the relegated teams, who only score 30 goals in a season, will only have around 5-7 goals from corners.

(Please note the % I have given are just random, not factual)

Following on from this, if your team scores 20 corner goals, then the best headers (usually the DC and the target forward) will obviously score most of these.

Just a thought ;)

im unsure how much of a bug it is now, all my cb's score quite well 6-7+ goals a season playing in either cb postion not just the rcb(who default attacks far post or whatever) last season he banged in 18 goals, but the next season he only(only haha) managed 9

if it was a bug he should be throwing high figures in every season but so far only one season has he preformed at such a crazy level

My CB (James Tomkins) was my top scorer last season, with 17 in all competitions. And that’s with a decent attack with Lukaku, Wickham, Hazard, with Johnson and Behrami feeding them.

Annoyed me, severely aha. Mind you, Hazard, Johnson and Lukaku were half season purchases after I increased expectations, but still ..

It dont matter how you set up your corner tactics. Corners and CB's scoring from them is overpowered in genral.

I had an 18 year old CB score 12 goals from corners in his first season in the EPL ... And he had been instructed to "attack near post"

Archived