Why is it so effin' hard to sign players?

I cannot sign a decent player for under £30million + 150k wages + 5million signing on fee + 5 million agent fee + 25k appearance fee and so on and so on.

I'm not trying to sign a Messi, just a Phil Jones. Of course Blackburn do not want to sell but is it too much money?

And why does a team try and get 8million out of me for an average player, but happily accepts 6mill from a different team?

I know irl the transfer market is crazy and frustrating, but talk about paying over the odds. You should be able to pick up certain players for £5million, especially from average continental teams.

No, Tottenham. Should that make a difference? Micael Kadlec was bid 6m for by Inter Milan, while they would only give him to me for 8.5.

The point is clubs wont budge. I seem to only be able to sign players for silly money, whereas in real life Genoa would probably not get £25mill for Criscito! But, football is crazy, so who knows.

If Darren Bent was sold for £22m in FM11 i'd probably be saying the same :D

Phil Jones signed for West Ham in pre season of 2010/2011.

The Fee was 9 million and the contract was favorable.

By the age of 22, he was first choice England CB (With well over 20 caps already)............... You get what you pay for, if you are smart ;)

No, Tottenham. Should that make a difference? Micael Kadlec was bid 6m for by Inter Milan, while they would only give him to me for 8.5.

The point is clubs wont budge. I seem to only be able to sign players for silly money, whereas in real life Genoa would probably not get £25mill for Criscito! But, football is crazy, so who knows.

If Darren Bent was sold for £22m in FM11 i'd probably be saying the same :D

Maybe the club don't want the player to come back and haunt them in the EPL so charge you over the odds whilst a club in another country less. It does make sense. Maybe talk to the media about the player a few times before bidding for him, encourage the player in chat, that way the fee you may have to pay, may indeed be lower as a result

Dutch league is ripe with talent for quite cheap. I have several dutch defenders and midfielders.

If you're looking for decent talent for cheapo prices then stick to the teams off the beaten track. There's a very good reason why you don't see players flying to and from clubs at young ages. Because clubs don't want to sell them and clubs don't want to take a chance on young unproven talent. Case in point, Sergio Aguerro, Liverpool had a chance to sign him for €12m from At Madrid and turned it down because he was just 17. It would cost them about €30m if not more to sign him now.

And players that don't want to move clubs might demand more wages. Stupid amounts of wages. It's not right in the game. But that's how I see it.

I've been geting similar problems in signing players, reasonable price but extortionate wage demands (these are players who are extremely interested with agents with reasonable attributes), i've taken, as mentioned above, to buying newgens from other leagues (other than England) and i'm only in the 3rd season.

I am having similar problems in trying to sign Luis Suarez from Ajax to Liverpool. I made an offer of £20m which was accepted by the Ajax board as too good to miss so they over ruled the manager and agreed to sell. He really wants to come and is chuffed by my comments in the press about him. I next go to offer him a contract and his agent wants silly money plus a huge signing on fee and an equally huge agents fee which I am not allowed to deal with. Is there a way round that or is it the end of story?.

I am having similar problems in trying to sign Luis Suarez from Ajax to Liverpool. I made an offer of £20m which was accepted by the Ajax board as too good to miss so they over ruled the manager and agreed to sell. He really wants to come and is chuffed by my comments in the press about him. I next go to offer him a contract and his agent wants silly money plus a huge signing on fee and an equally huge agents fee which I am not allowed to deal with. Is there a way round that or is it the end of story?.

You could use FMRTE and change his agents stats to make him easier to deal with.

Agents should be included in the game, and they should make things more difficult for the managers as they do in real life, but the signing on fees need to be toned down abit, unless SI can conclusivley prove that agents for 2nd tier players, like suarez, would ask for 6million agents fee

Archived