Big game players?

What player in your FM experience always performs in the big games? and which ones don't?

I'm managing United, and Valencia always seems to score when it matters. I always start him in finals and rival matches, and he never lets me down.

As for the players who bottle it, Sergio Ramos. I don't what it is about this guy but in a important game he always seems to get sent off or give a penalty away, or both. He got a red card in both of the prem matches against Liverpool, and he's given penalties away in the champions league final and away legs multiple times. Has anyone else had this experience with Sergio? He's fine most of the time.

Cheers:thup:

I have the same problem with Sergio Ramos's aggressiveness. I wish there's a player interaction that tells him to get red card only when the team's already loses 0-5 or if the next game is irrelevant.

My big game player is always my current Man Utd goalie, aka. Van Der Sar's successor, Sebastien Frey. His high one-on-one, reflex, and eccentricity result in super human saves against clear-cut chances. I plan to play him every game until his 40th birthday.

Archived