Most international caps??

Hey guys, basically just wondering what it says in the title! What is the most amount of international caps for a player IRL? And what is the most amount of international caps you have seen in FM. The reason i ask is because, in my Sevilla side, i currently have a goal keeper who has just turned 23, has been the Argentina number one since he was around 18, and currently has 42 caps already. Now if he has a career at the top into his mid - late 30s, he could amass close to 200 caps! Obviously, being a goalkeeper, his career can go on to the late 30s if he wishes and is lucky with injuries etc.

Hey guys, basically just wondering what it says in the title! What is the most amount of international caps for a player IRL? And what is the most amount of international caps you have seen in FM. The reason i ask is because, in my Sevilla side, i currently have a goal keeper who has just turned 23, has been the Argentina number one since he was around 18, and currently has 42 caps already. Now if he has a career at the top into his mid - late 30s, he could amass close to 200 caps! Obviously, being a goalkeeper, his career can go on to the late 30s if he wishes and is lucky with injuries etc.

I've researched international caps before and i am certain that the most capped international footballer is called Mohamed Al-Deayea who had 178 caps for Saudi Arabia. I cannot answer your second question about caps in FM as i havn't checked on players in my saves but i am pretty sure that he will get over 200 caps for Argentina if he continues to be a regular. :D

Edit: Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_%28soccer%29_players_with_100_or_more_caps

On other sites i have checked they report he got 181 caps but anyway its around 180 shall we say.

Kristine Lilly, 346 caps.

And some of these statistics show there are way too many goals scored at international level. Chamakh with a ratio greater than 1 goal per game?!

Cristiano Ronaldo got 203 caps in one of my games, and I had an Italian regen goalkeeper who hit 166 caps - at his peak, there were only 4 other caps that had been given out to other Italian goalkeepers! It was a bad time to be an Italian goalkeeper back in those days...

• 6 years later...

Archived