What are the richest leagues in Europe?

Hi,

I'm wondering what are the richest leagues in Europe. Obviously, England, Spain, Italy and Germany are going to be the big four but who will be next? France, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Scotland, Holland?

Essentially, I'd like to know which leagues generate the most income, including TV rights, competition money and ticket prices.

I'm asking because I'm fed up with constantly competing in England, Germany, Italy and Spain. I want to try a different league, but I'd like it to offer enough in terms of club income, so that I can compete in Europe.

I would say Shakhtar would be a good bet for you, although not the richest league they have big sponsorship deals that see you get big enough budgets to challenge in Europe. Other than that I would say France would be next.

Well as you know the richest leagues are generally the top leagues, so therefore your answer to your question is probably France which is the 5th highest ranked league I believe. As for competing in europe, it depends on what your expectations are/patience/ability. I've won 7 with Ajax in 14 seasons and my challenge from day one was to build the club to be able to compete with the insanely richer and better teams in Europe.

Well as you know the richest leagues are generally the top leagues, so therefore your answer to your question is probably France which is the 5th highest ranked league I believe. As for competing in europe, it depends on what your expectations are/patience/ability. I've won 7 with Ajax in 14 seasons and my challenge from day one was to build the club to be able to compete with the insanely richer and better teams in Europe.

Was this on FM11?

If it was did your prize and sponsorship money rise as the league improved, how high ranking is the league now?

Portugal isn't really rich.. outside the big three(Benfica,Porto,Sporting) only Guimaraes and Braga have significant attendances and the TV and Prize money is really low.

Outside those big 4 maybe France or Holland, Russia and Turkey could be a shout i guess they seem to atract some high-profile players as well.

Was this on FM11?

If it was did your prize and sponsorship money rise as the league improved, how high ranking is the league now?

Yup on FM11, yh the money has improved a lil bit because rep of league is 3 and a half stars instead of 3, but my league is still ranked 9th which I think is wrong. I won the 7 champs leagues in last 10 seasons. It's still very inferior to the better leagues income but I had a bigger stadium built in my honour wic improved revenue a lot and I concentrate on finding talented youth which keeps my wage bill down and doing well in europe to make money.

Hi,

I'm wondering what are the richest leagues in Europe. Obviously, England, Spain, Italy and Germany are going to be the big four but who will be next? France, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Scotland, Holland?

Essentially, I'd like to know which leagues generate the most income, including TV rights, competition money and ticket prices.

Next after the big four and rich....You Joking?

Next after the big four and rich....You Joking?

There's Celtic and Rangers which, in my opinion, makes the Scottish league comparable to other European leagues dominated by 2 - 3 major clubs. Not sure about prize money and sponsorships - I've played in the Scottish leagues for about 15 minutes and quit after I've realised there's that stupid rule with under 21 players in the first squad :)

Back to the topic though - how would you arrange leagues in Europe based on their finances?

1. England / Italy?

2. Germany / Spain?

3. France?

4. .....

There's Celtic and Rangers which, in my opinion, makes the Scottish league comparable to other European leagues dominated by 2 - 3 major clubs. Not sure about prize money and sponsorships - I've played in the Scottish leagues for about 15 minutes and quit after I've realised there's that stupid rule with under 21 players in the first squad :)

Back to the topic though - how would you arrange leagues in Europe based on their finances?

1. England / Italy?

2. Germany / Spain?

3. France?

4. .....

Except for the fact both Celtic and Rangers are near enough to broke.

Archived