iPod: Stadium increase and training facilities

Hi all,

I haven't used any of my board favour to ask for increased stadium capacity or training facilities, and I'm wondering what the direct benefit of them is.

I'm Port Vale in about my 11th season, and have won all major competitions. My stadium usually gets about 12,000 or so, so I don't know if or how I'm losing out by not upgrading stadium or training facilities. Any thoughts?

Loving the game!

Training facilities obviously affects the rate that your player's stats improve at, unless I'm wrong and it's just a trivial feature.

Stadium capacity I assume would increase your club's reputation, allowing you to attract better players to your club. But in your case, it doesn't seem like you would get any direct benefit from it.

Personally I always upgrade training facilities before even transfer/wage budget - I think it's better to work with what you've got before looking elsewhere, although I am currently managing Barcelona lol!

• SI Staff
Training facilities obviously affects the rate that your player's stats improve at, unless I'm wrong and it's just a trivial feature.

Just to confirm this helps your players progress; the better your training the more likely your players are to improve (in simplistic terms other factors such as personality, playing time, performances etc. all come into play as well as this).

Stadium capacity I assume would increase your club's reputation, allowing you to attract better players to your club. But in your case, it doesn't seem like you would get any direct benefit from it.

Stadium capacity improves your club reputation and also improves your clubs financial standing somewhat (meaning you might get a bit better flexibility with budgets and more 'restraint' with regards to your clubs finances dropping into less favourable categories).

• SI Staff
Cheers Marc,

How do I know the current level of my training facilities? Do I have some grade/percentage/stars to help me see where I'm at?

You can view a summary of your clubs training facilities on the Club Info page (its displayed in text).

The possible categories are (ranked from best to worst):

* Superb

* Excellent

* Good

* Average

* Adequate

* Basic

* Minimal

* None

Archived