I'm just not getting this right now......

Ok here the thing....

Managing Villa in the prem, i want to strengthen my squad, now i always use the player search

function

so i filter posistion i'm looking for lets say Gk

attributes i want

and age (the bit i'm struggling with) 21-27

I'm finding that i'm not getting great players on the list after filtering for instance

cech dont appear on the list as he is over 27, but not just Gk i'm missing out on

Is there a rough age i should be searching for? i'm not looking to build for the future

these are players i'm searching to use now

Ok here the thing....

Managing Villa in the prem, i want to strengthen my squad, now i always use the player search

function

so i filter posistion i'm looking for lets say Gk

attributes i want

and age (the bit i'm struggling with) 21-27

I'm finding that i'm not getting great players on the list after filtering for instance

cech dont appear on the list as he is over 27, but not just Gk i'm missing out on

Is there a rough age i should be searching for? i'm not looking to build for the future

these are players i'm searching to use now

Is option 'Filter Out Unrealistic Targets' ticked?

change the age to 28 and he will probably appear on your search. I think the search is looking for players from 21 but under 27. Get me ?

Yeah, it is between 21 and 27, so it doesn't includes those that are 21 and 27. Only who are 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26. Get me? :D

This. :thup: 30-35 - the best goalkeeping years.

Usually yes but now that training levels are higher and coaching ect... is far better I think that age is coming down, look at players like Hart, Cassilias, Akinfeev these are all their countries number one's in the past younger goalkeepers never really got a look in until the older keeper who they were understudy to retired in there late 30's by that time the understudies themselves were much older themselves.

It's not just goal keepers a lot of outfield players peak earlier as well.

Usually yes but now that training levels are higher and coaching ect... is far better I think that age is coming down, look at players like Hart, Cassilias, Akinfeev these are all their countries number one's in the past younger goalkeepers never really got a look in until the older keeper who they were understudy to retired in there late 30's by that time the understudies themselves were much older themselves.

It's not just goal keepers a lot of outfield players peak earlier as well.

Well yeah, but those are pretty much exceptions. Hart is not even at it's best (if he is then he is just a good goalie IMO). If you look generally, goalies' best years are beetwen 30-35.

Well yeah, but those are pretty much exceptions. Hart is not even at it's best (if he is then he is just a good goalie IMO). If you look generally, goalies' best years are beetwen 30-35.

Peter cech, Victor Valdes, Reina, Rene Alder, Buffon( he was at the top of his game when he moved for 25m to Juve)< David De Gea (well on his way), Maartin Stekelenburg, and Hugo Lloris. These are just another load of examples of keepers either in or approaching peak form.

You just have to look and study sports science to see that players can peak quicker now. If you look at Messi & Ronaldo the best players on the planet easily and they have almost reached the top level before their 27th birthday I think in another year maybe two both the players will be at there peak as they won't be able to get any better. (I hope they do mind, but Realistically)

There's always exceptions to the rule. Typically players won't reach their peak until 30 - 36 as goal keepers. It's just a rule of thumb, not set in stone.

I'm just going to scratch that piece of crap Hart of the list of really good goalkeepers that are listed there too... my god ... Joe Hart??? He's England's best, but he's an average run of the mill goalkeeper. you cannot mention him in the same list of players as you mentioned.

Archived