Starting a Game

Im a little confused about something....

I keep seeing in here people talking about playing with 10-15 nations at a time.... but when I start a new game it only allows me to choose a maximum of 3. Im using FM2010.... im playing all 5 england leagues but only chose england for a country at the beginning of the game. Im planning to play 25 years then starting a new league. Will players from other countries be available that I can transfer in and out of england as well as all the other teams that the computer manages.. i dont remember seeing any options on how many players to load at the beginning hopefully it did the whole database by default... now that im thinking about it i think it might have been defaulted to load the whole database of players

Tom

You can choose how many nations you wish to start with at the begining. I assume when you say it only allows you to chooses 3 nations then you are refering to the recomended nations allowed? If so you can ignore that and tick as many or as few nations as you please but the more nations you choose the slower the processing time will be. there is a thread on here somewhere that will give you advice on how many leagues to run based on your current system specs.

In reference to transfering players from other countiries then yes you can transfer players from other countries to England and vice versa. The downside is though that because you have only selected one nation the players available will be limited in number.

I think from memory, and hopefully people can correct me on this if need be, that you can choose 3 database sizes, these bieng small , medium and large. I think you can also customize the databases you choose to include things like all players from top clubs, all players from a certain nation and the like.

hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can assist you further but i believe this covers the basics of starting up.

Man I wish I could remember what I did... but i could have sworn there was a tick option to pick what size of database too like you are saying and im sure i picked LARGE... but what i was referring to at the beginning of the game is the leagues I can MANAGE in there was only up to 3 allowed and I picked 1 england with all 7 divisions..

But im pretty sure I picked LARGE database from the 3 choices so more players are available to transfer through different countriers but i picked only to manage in 1 league ENGLAND with the 7 divisions (premier, championship. lg1, lg2, blue square preimier , north and south ... so i think i did it the way i wanted to because i wanted to use a LARGE database i dont see why I would have picked a smaller one...

and when people say how many leagues they are running i thought they were talking about how many different saves they have going at once???? i had always assumed thats what everyone was talking about.... or were they talking about how big of a player database they are using small, medium or large... I dont see how than having more than 1 save going at a time will effect the memory of your computer because you are only playing 1 save (league) at a time

Archived