crash dump - game crashes immediately after a match is played - please help

I have installed FM by the disc via steam. I had previously installed directly from the disc but the game would not load due to a 'failed to set up graphics system' message. So I installed FM by the disc via steam and the game installed and worked perfectly fine since launch date. I installed the new update 11.1.1 and all was fine. When i installed the 11.2.1 update then my game just crashed everytime a match would finish, I would get a black screen followed by a crash dump message followed by FM has closed unexpectedly message.

I have searched high and low for answers and i have uninstalled and reinstalled FM via steam. I have started a new game under the original 'out of the box' update and it still crashes everytime after i play a match. If i go on holiday, the game is fine but i obviously want to play matches.

I do have a relatively old Dell PC ( approx 4 year old ) but i have never had any problems with any FM games until I updated with the 11.2.1 patch.

Can anybody please help as Im getting very upset and all I want to do is play FM!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive updated my drivers as much as possible. Ive unistalled directx and then reinstalled it and still the same problem.

Im contemplating uninstalling FM 2011 for the final time and reinstalling it via steam with automatic updates off to see if i can play this great game.

Is there an update patch in the pipeline as I know from reading on the forum that I am not alone in this!!

Whenever I run my directX Diagnostic tool, it seems I have a problem but cannot rectify this through uninstalling and reinstalling. The problem tells me that file d3d9d.dll is a debug version, which wil run slower than the retail version. Surely this was the case before I installed the update 11.2.1?!?!? how do I fix this!??!

I still have my save game. I first noticed it when I updated to 11.2.1 and my first save wouldnt get past a match when I played it - it would just crash.

So I started a new game and when I play my friendly, the game crashes as soon as the match is over. It also crashes if I click on any player on the pitch. If I go on holiday, the game works perfectly - but obviously I want to play each match!!

I play on 2D screen with highlights only to be shown - the speed is half way.

Please help!!

Yeah, I unistalled Direct x and reinstalled Direct x 10 last night - didnt get a chance to load the game but will do later.

All my drivers seem to be up to date but will be calling Dell later on to see if they are.

Thanks for all your help - hopefully I will get this resolved very soon.

Matt - is there anywhere I can upload my save game to so that you can have a look at it?

Hey Marty,

I doubt, in all honesty, that it's a savegame specific issue.

If you contact the customer services team or drop me a PM with your email in, I will have them contact you - and I suspect they'll identify the source of the issues and help you solve it.

Cheers

Matt

Archived