Why did my club take out a loan?

On your club information screen does it say anything about a debt near the club value? Also the chairman injecting cash isn't a loan, just them giving the club more money to cover running costs. In FM10 my non-footballing costs shot up when I started to play in the Champions League and as the team built up in reputation. Maybe this is similar?

On your club information screen does it say anything about a debt near the club value? Also the chairman injecting cash isn't a loan, just them giving the club more money to cover running costs. In FM10 my non-footballing costs shot up when I started to play in the Champions League and as the team built up in reputation. Maybe this is similar?

The loan isnt mentioned anywhere for what I can see.

Celtic are a PLC, chairmen dont inject cash like that, they buy shares through share issues

i feel your pain, i had werder the only debt free team in teh german top league and in the 3rd season(i think) the chairman took out a £59million loan for no reason i could see, didnt give me extra to spend than previous seasons etc.

he quoted to "help with running costs" from what i remember, but always had over 20-30mil at the start of each season with tv and sponsership

meh!

Look at my balance, i didnt need it

You lost almost €1m after he lent you €9.5m. At the rate you are losing money your balance is only going to remain positive for 2-3 months, and you aren't going to be getting masses of money coming in over the summer.

You lost almost €1m after he lent you €9.5m. At the rate you are losing money your balance is only going to remain positive for 2-3 months, and you aren't going to be getting masses of money coming in over the summer.

We just spent €22.5M on a stadium development, thats why the season ended in a loss. I had €15M+ still in the bank without his loan and we were starting to sell season books which raked in €33M over a 2 month period, €1M more than the previous season despite only selling 42000 instead of the usual ~48000.

Still doesnt explain why I cant see the repayments on the books

you will get money from memberships & tv rights however losing 1 million euros quickly like that wont help you in anyway. The time it takes before you get full membership funds and tv rights will surely put you near 0 in your clubs bank account.

Between mid may-augustis 2.5 months without any influx of cash, you would have gone broke if your nice chairman didnt input some money

Then it shouldnt be called a loan in the game.

A loan you dont pay back is not a loan

I've not seen it happen on FM11, but I'm sure that on FM10 it didn't say "loaned" when the same thing happened to me. I thought that message used to say "given" or "injected", though to be honest I never really looked at the message that closely.

I think he has given you the money because he has seen you have lost €10m in a month. I don't think the game has taken into account you just splashed out €22.5m on the stadium, or that you are going to get a big boast from season tickets in a couple of months. Even if it had been counted as a "proper" loan, €9.5m is nothing for your club you would barely notice the repayments.

you will get money from memberships & tv rights however losing 1 million euros quickly like that wont help you in anyway. The time it takes before you get full membership funds and tv rights will surely put you near 0 in your clubs bank account.

Between mid may-augustis 2.5 months without any influx of cash, you would have gone broke if your nice chairman didnt input some money

Nonsense, as I said already if you bothered to read posts, the club was collecting season books which racked up €33M in the 2 months after that message. My balance never went lower so there was no point to the loan

I've not seen it happen on FM11, but I'm sure that on FM10 it didn't say "loaned" when the same thing happened to me. I thought that message used to say "given" or "injected", though to be honest I never really looked at the message that closely.

I think he has given you the money because he has seen you have lost €10m in a month. I don't think the game has taken into account you just splashed out €22.5m on the stadium, or that you are going to get a big boast from season tickets in a couple of months. Even if it had been counted as a "proper" loan, €9.5m is nothing for your club you would barely notice the repayments.

I didnt ask for the stadium expansion, that was completely a board decision.

I remember those messages in FM10, they were clearer alright. This just shows that the board/player interaction was just slapped together. A tester worth their salt would have flagged that message for a re-write.

Where are the SI QA guys, surely one of them has an opinion?

Archived