Upgrade Youth or Training facilities?

I can't afford to upgrade both my Youth facilities and my Training facilities. I assume youth facilities won't have an influence on my first team but in relation to youth players does training facilities impact on their development or is it just youth facilities? And if so, at what age does a players development stop being influenced by youth facilities? Is it when they sign a professional contract and therefore start to train with the first team?

I'm managing as Dundalk in Ireland and I haven't signed one of my regens to a professional contract in 5 seasons as they're all useless. Will upgrading my youth facilities influence the quality of regen I get or it youth recruitment levels / a youth academy that influences that? If the regens I'm getting are still useless then upgrading the youth facilities would seem to be a complete waste of money.

Any advise on training facilities vs. youth facilities would be grateful please.

I'm not entirely sure but my take since FM2011 introduced the "youth recruitment network" is:

-Youth Facilities affect the quality of training of your players under youth Contracts.

-Youth Academy makes you get more regens

-Youth Recruitment Network affects the quality of your regens.

-Training Facilities affects the quality of training of your Senior players.

I personally always try to get the Training Facilities to the top first then focus on improving Youth Network/Youth facilities.

yeah i would agree, training your first team in the short term is more important, plus it can help you get better transfers. I think the above post sums it up well tho, the bigger the club the better the recruitment and the better the young players you get coming through.

Cheers for the replies. I thought that was pretty much how it worked myself. It does seem like a complete waste therefore to improve my youth facilities unless I also improve my recruitment network (in order to get better quality regens in the first place).

Cheers for the replies. I thought that was pretty much how it worked myself. It does seem like a complete waste therefore to improve my youth facilities unless I also improve my recruitment network (in order to get better quality regens in the first place).

no not really, you can always sign young players from other teams, if you dont have good facilities these players will not come along at a good speed, plus you will get one or two over the course of a few seasons worth keeping, again you want to push these players for first team football, the player your coaches pick out each season as the best can have a good chance of making your first team with the right coaching, training facilities and game time. its all a case of building your club, start with what you have and build on that, in your case your first team is your top asset at the moment, but dont ignore the youth set up until your a bigger club, develop them both as much as you can.

Simple question from the OP which seems to have been muddied somehwat.

If you want your first team players to improve - go for training facilities. If you want to increase the chances of good newgens - go for youth facilities.

Personally, I try to do both.

Archived