"Serious error"!

About a week ago I got a "serious error" message on my game that prevents me both uploading existing (or starting new) games. Tried to get help on this site but nothing of use so far. Think the game is inoperably damaged & it's time I looked for an alternative way forward.

Think my best way forward (only way, in fact) now is to unistall the whole game & re-install it. I bought the game through Steam so presume I must ask them how to do this.

Can anyone tell me if this is what I must do? I checked their website & (typically) their "complaints" process is a confusing nightmare!

Has anyone else out there had game problems & finished doing this?

I am a true duffer with computers & apologise if I am asking a dumb question here.

If you cant start a new game then uninstalling might be the only option. Before you do that though I would suggest that you try downloading something called game booster. This will stop processes and programs running in the background that are taking up memory and perhaps causing an issue or two.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Running a virus and spyware scan might also be a good idea.

Telling us how much ram you have, what your graphics card is and how many leagues you are running might also help to get a better answer.

Am downloading Game Booster as I write (the cry of the truly desperate!). Wow, that was complicated! Hope I chose all the right options!

My computer has 6G of RAM & a Windows rating of 3.6 (whatever that is).

Not smart enough enough to find what graphics card I'm using but can assure you it is sufficient for these purposes. I buy my computer (Dellxps) solely for their gaming abilities.

Most of my games I run with about 12/13 leagues. In the games set-up it shows computer 5* & Game 3.5 - 4*.

Thnx Trekman.

Did game booster help at all? I think your windows rating should be a bit higher than 3.6. Mine is 5.7 and I only have 4gb ram. To find out what your graphics card is right click on the my computer icon and select properties. Then select device manager from the menu. click on display adapters and it will tell you what your graphics card is. You should then check with the manufacturer for the latest drivers.

Dont pay too much attention to the * ratings the game gives you. It didn't work properly in FM10 and I dont think they've got it right yet!

Archived