Formations

rg1

Well I was on a losing streak and tweaked my formation. Now I'm playing much better and winning. I actually won the league by a clear 20 points.

I noticed in all my games I would have 30 shots on goal, with 20 of those being long shots. So I went in and made sure all my midfielders were set to try through balls more often and reduced the long shots.

Unstoppable now. And I'm getting like 8 shots on goal now, with 6 on target and winning by 2/3 goals each game.

you can win is always a good bet for not putting too much pressure on the team, wish luck if your playing much bigger teams. I would suggest looking at shoring up your defence first, use the match preperation tool and look at what kind of defenders you are playing and adjust their roles. Build up from there, using easy team talks and as suggested above, interaction with players, if someone plays quite but your team is struggling praise him and keep his moral up, hopefully he can drag you through a game and pick the rest of your team up.

You don't have to change formation, but you may have to change your tactics if they aren't working for you. You can play so many different types of football within the same formation, so if you have one that suits your squad then don't change it.

I've kept the same formation and starting tactic for every match in 7 seasons and am having quite a bit of success.

Archived