in shock

I'm in my 3rd season with Leeds Utd (2013) and it was my 1st season in premier league. After a few good runs of form I got Leeds upto 8th for the end of season. So it got to the time when player awards winners etc are named and to my shock I got the manager of the year ahead of Fergie (1st in premier) and Wenger (2nd). I did'nt win a manager of the month all season. This has never happened to me before so quite shocked

In 10, I managed to get promoted with WBA, who were a midtable Championship team for 3 years prior to hiring me, I reach the Champions League in my first season in the Premier League (3rd or 4th I'm not too sure which) which was a completely shock to me. I wasn't even in the top 3 choices for manager of the year.

I got knocked out of the Champions League Group stage next season, rock bottom if I recall correctly, and dropped to midtable in my second season. How I managed to play so well and not get manager of the year in my first season though is beyond me. I was so devastated, I still get nightmares about it.

I spent a few years with a league 2 team, got them to the Championship before switching to a Brunt-less WBA who were struggling. I can't remember how I got to the Premier League with WBA or where I was expected to finish, but it was definitely in the bottom three because I remember contemplating resigning to avoid losing reputation points by getting relegated.

It was Ferguson's doing, couldn't stand to see a Liverpool fan getting that award ahead of him, the *******.

Did you take any of those job offers davey?

I spent a few years with a league 2 team, got them to the Championship before switching to a Brunt-less WBA who were struggling. I can't remember how I got to the Premier League with WBA or where I was expected to finish, but it was definitely in the bottom three because I remember contemplating resigning to avoid losing reputation points by getting relegated.

It was Ferguson's doing, couldn't stand to see a Liverpool fan getting that award ahead of him, the *******.

Did you take any of those job offers davey?

Just been playing this morning and got another job offer from Arsenal and turned them down, so still at Leeds hoping this season i can get into europe

Recent winners IRL include Roy Hodgson and David Moyes.

Hodgson and Moyes won the LMA (League Managers Association) award. The Premier League manager award tends to go to the manager who manages to win the title. I'm pretty sure that George Burley managed to win it when his Ipswich side finished in 5th place and Harry Redknapp might have won it last year, but I am not too sure.

Ian Holloway is a candidate this year, IRL, surely?

Exactly. I for one am glad that this has been sorted out. In previous FMs, the manager of the year award would go to the manager of the team that finished 1st, 99% of the time. Second place went to the manager of the team that finished second, and third place... well you get the idea.

Archived