Lower tiers of england?

I think I'm using Uncle Ron's. which goes down to level 8 (Isthmian League First Division South etc.), the level at which I play at the moment due to the cantgetjob-bug (its the lowest I loaded). The problems I find with this one are the fact that teams cant be relegated from level 8 (so no relegation-battles and no new teams coming up from level 9) and it seems the reserves- and youth-competitions arent there. As a result I have a load of hot prospects that never play a game. I bypass that problem by arranging a friendly every once in a while to give my 'reserves' some playing time.

With these issues in mind I would rather have used RTC's (but what can you do, I'm in my 5th season), but when you need to load everything down to level 11 to make it work properly (which I read in a post above) that wouldnt be such a hot idea. Level 8 is already 9 leagues 'wide' I believe, so I guess three steps down the pyramid would be at least 3-fold wider, which would make the number of leagues to hard to handle for my netbook (as I like a journeyman-career I already loaded half of europe down to pretty low lever aswell).

Apart from the reserves- and relegation-issue the leagues work fine by the way.

If you want to start in L7 or L8 I recommend Uncle Rons. it has less bugs (none for me so far) and RTC L11 has so many leagues it will slow an older computer. Ommerson, i didn't have a reserve league in my first season in Evostick Prem, but on getting promoted to BSN i was given the option of entering reserve and youth leagues.

Archived